Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Re: CONTEST............"PIC OF YOUR RUSTY CRAP"

Wow, this is getting real intresting! The TN gals are real fiesty & are certainly deserving of the crown of rust! Civil, I love that Chevy emblem & have already decided you are in the final five, but Gypsy is gonna be hard to beat! Keep em coming! :D

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi all, heres me 'rusty old tinpan' ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

Attachments

• it\'s me lol.jpg
    it\'s me lol.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 249
OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

Nice set of chompers there Tin! ;D I see you arent one to lay on the porch with the pups, eh? Do they eat Dingos down under?? ;)
River Rat...........you are the Queen of crusty rust! Hope you n Gypsies tetnis shots are up to date.................. :)

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've got a rust bucket too, but I'll show my bucket-o-rust instead. Its from a foundation dig I did last summer. Too much to detect so I sifted and seperated with a magnet. The pieces range from dust up to quarter size.

Attachments

• Jul15$02.jpg
    Jul15$02.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 204

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is the pile I have up in the barn. It took two pictures to get most of it. Hey Gypsy, I've got a tinpan too :)

Attachments

• Feb10_10.jpg
    Feb10_10.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Feb10_11.jpg
    Feb10_11.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 210

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If it wasn't for rusty crap, I wouldn't find anything. Just don't want Gypsy to thing she has cornered the market on rust iron. Here is an old mower just for good measure.

Attachments

• Feb10_02.jpg
    Feb10_02.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 204

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rob, just looking at your pics I see some usuable stuff there...that old spade is a good digger for MDing, 3 good hammers, and the door knobs are collectibles, the tractor or mower machine seat...another collectible. ;D

I like your avatar too, the windmill actually turning...neat. :D

;) RR

davesx

Aug 27, 2006
essex, england

No joke! But I was using my brothers MD and had never used anything before so it was on all metal mode and I was digging everything, and I mean everything! I thought for awhile I might uncover the farmers tractor at the rate I was going. Worse part that was all I found after about 4 hrs. and 2 locations.
[/quote]

I bet you had a lot of fun diggin it, also it was good experience.

dave.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

There are a lot of cool pics here. Tough to beat. Found these last week.

Attachments

• MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 194

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

These Old Chrysler Flathead Marine Engines are not mine.(my pic) I bet they will make a pile of rust if ever pulled out of the salt water bay. This was the old Florida cracker way of shoring up the seawall.

Attachments

• MVC-001E.JPG
    MVC-001E.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 145

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks River Rat, I should have gotten a better pic, but I didn't feel like dragging it all outside into the sunlight. My dream is to fix up one of the old sheds for a guest house. That stuff would be a great display. The farmers around here would laugh if they knew how excited people get over it. Its around every old farmstead. My avatar is an animated gif. I have an old version of Paintshop that has animation shop in it. I started with a video clip and took about 6 or 7 frames to make the gif.

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mighty AP said:
This time, lets do a contest that EVERYBODY has a chance to win. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of rusty ol' crap, Im sure everyone of of you do too, so lets see yer horseshoes, logging chains, licsence plates & any other rusty crap you've dug up while metal detecting! Once again I will let er run fer a week (longer if we're still getting posts) then choose 5 finalists, then post a poll & allow the members to decide the winner. I am putting up another Mighty Diggin Tool to be awarded to the top dog.......... the King O' Crap! (Or perhaps the Queen) You can enter multiple items but please post them separately. :)
RustyTincan......There aint no way you dug up those old tractor looking things......hahaha

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Michelle said:
Mighty AP said:
This time, lets do a contest that EVERYBODY has a chance to win. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of rusty ol' crap, Im sure everyone of of you do too, so lets see yer horseshoes, logging chains, licsence plates & any other rusty crap you've dug up while metal detecting! Once again I will let er run fer a week (longer if we're still getting posts) then choose 5 finalists, then post a poll & allow the members to decide the winner. I am putting up another Mighty Diggin Tool to be awarded to the top dog.......... the King O' Crap! (Or perhaps the Queen) You can enter multiple items but please post them separately. :)
RustyTincan......There aint no way you dug up those old tractor looking things......hahaha

Thanks for pointing out Michele,lol I never had intent of entering A.P'S Comp just wanted too put my 200 tons worth in to stir the pot. ;D ;D ;D ;D

TinPan "I cheated yet again" ::) ::) ::)

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tinpan said:
Michelle said:
Mighty AP said:

Thanks for pointing out Michele,lol I never had intent of entering A.P'S Comp just wanted too put my 200 tons worth in to stir the pot. ;D ;D ;D ;D

TinPan "I cheated yet again" ::) ::) ::)
Just kidding Tinpot...I was gonna post this big tractor in our yard but it just won't fit.....Keep the pics coming...Looks cool.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gypsyheart said:
more rust for your viewing pleasure
:D :D Your supposed to post "crap" somea that stuff is really cool ! :) Ya got my vote ! ;D

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

OK, this one is done!!! I'll post a thread with the five finalists where you can vote fer the winner (although you are all winners in my book) We'll do another contest in a week or two. ;D

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

THANKS AP!

Love these contests.

Its fun just looking at the pics.

-CC

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One Question......If something is Named "Rusty" does it count? :D ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread