Continuum

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal

IMO, the Arroyo Escondido is the next to the right of yours at the beginning of Bull Pass Trail.

The solution of the PFM is in front of your eyes. If you look at the map, you can see how some words and the XS of the upper three mines are written in a different and same angle than the title ( which is an example to follow ) and the other words. Also the river follows that different way. To put the mines in their correct place follow the rule ; 50 cargas = 5Xs and one more X for the lower mine.

I thought the same thing until I was able to see the map more clearly. But Arroyo Escondido is after the intersection of the lines beneath Mesa Negro (north of the intersection). Which means that it can’t be the first arroyo (to the right) with the trail to Bull Pass. That trail is well traveled and south of the intersection. But my Arroyo Escondido is, as the map tells us, hidden and just north of the intersection.

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Arroyo Escondido Mina - topo search area.

A word of caution about the Legends of Adventure Peralta Fish Map copy, many of the maps translations (transcribed on page 310 - TREASURE TALES OF THE SUPERSTITIONS) are incorrect.

Arroyo Escondido Mina Topo.jpg

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
If old Spanish/Mexican mines are found, this conversation will eventually turn to the Iron Cross (which I don't believe is iron) and those who left it behind. Here is a photograph of what appears to be a symbol inscribed into the bottom of the cross. You seem to know your codes and treasure symbols. Have you seen anything like it before?

Iron Cross Symbol.jpg

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes legibility, not "good luck" to correctly translate the words found on the Peralta Fish Treasure Map. Legibility and a decent Spanish dictionary.

The PFM is only the firsts stage on finding the mines. With so big scale is like to search for a needle in a haystack.
The second stage is to decrypt the maps which are for every mine separately and are for a smaller area.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If old Spanish/Mexican mines are found, this conversation will eventually turn to the Iron Cross (which I don't believe is iron) and those who left it behind. Here is a photograph of what appears to be a symbol inscribed into the bottom of the cross. You seem to know your codes and treasure symbols. Have you seen anything like it before?

View attachment 1750029

I have not seen another symbol like this, but from what I can see it has some connection to the house ruin in the mouth of a cave ( Casa Caverna ).

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr. Delgadillo's story, courtesy of Terry's latest video - this time in the Superstitions. Aztec calendar stone, alien technology, Cibecue Apache secrets, Mormon meddling, hand drawn maps, generations of digging at a random-looking location . Something for everybody. I liked Delgadillo's outlook on things, especially his comment at 17:14.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Delgadillo's story, courtesy of Terry's latest video - this time in the Superstitions. Aztec calendar stone, alien technology, Cibecue Apache secrets, Mormon meddling, hand drawn maps, generations of digging at a random-looking location . Something for everybody. I liked Delgadillo's outlook on things, especially his comment at 17:14.

This story was made from what clues leaked out from the modern day searching party ( written in the journal posted in the video ), who found the gold bars in the 40's. The map drawn using the clues is not so accurate because the tunnel is at the base of the stairs and is just another entrance to the treasure rooms.
The shaft with the stairs begins from the ground level and goes about 100 feet down until joins the other side of the tunnel which starts from the mountainside and goes about 130 feet across. The trail from the stone maps ends at the entrance of that tunnel.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, something related to the circular stone staircase, someone could see in the map that Jonh Combs drew for Jim Hatt in post#1 of Walter Perrine cave of gold thread at the other bus station.
John drew in his map the east side of Black Top Mesa, but also drew two secret clues which were known only to Walter and his party, and these are the circular stone staircase and how the cave would looks like from outside. Jim, or didn't know what the drawing was meaning and was shy to ask, or he kept it secret for his own research.
Unfurtunatelly all the parties that searched for the circular staircase and the treasure rooms, were searching in the wrong places.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steve,

If you liked Sal in the video, you would love him in person. Sal is a really good guy who has a million stories to tell both believable and a little out there. I don't think much has happened in the last fifty years in the Superstitions that Sal doesn't know about.

You should really come out to the Rendezvous the first weekend of November. Sal is there every year (he lives in Apache Junction). There are even one or two of the crazy old hermits that live in the mountains that sometimes wander in.

Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum, if you are adressed to me, I shall tell you I can't read your posts because you are in my Ignore list.So, don't waste time writing to me.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, something related to the circular stone staircase, someone could see in the map that Jonh Combs drew for Jim Hatt in post#1 of Walter Perrine cave of gold thread at the other bus station.
John drew in his map the east side of Black Top Mesa, but also drew two secret clues which were known only to Walter and his party, and these are the circular stone staircase and how the cave would looks like from outside. Jim, or didn't know what the drawing was meaning and was shy to ask, or he kept it secret for his own research.
Unfurtunatelly all the parties that searched for the circular staircase and the treasure rooms, were searching in the wrong places.

Markmar,

Jim was accused of many things, but being "too shy" was never one of them! HAHAHA Now, as to him keeping things secret for his own hunting he did. I can tell you that the spiral staircase is nowhere near Blacktop Mesa. Its not even "inside" the Superstition Mountains. Very close though.

While Walter Perrine had many stories, I don't know how much faith I would place in any of them. He was an accomplished man with many patents for a .223 pistol. I don't think I believe his story about his grandmother..........completely. You should search Ancestry.com and see what it says about his family.

Mike

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve,

If you liked Sal in the video, you would love him in person. Sal is a really good guy who has a million stories to tell both believable and a little out there. I don't think much has happened in the last fifty years in the Superstitions that Sal doesn't know about.

You should really come out to the Rendezvous the first weekend of November. Sal is there every year (he lives in Apache Junction). There are even one or two of the crazy old hermits that live in the mountains that sometimes wander in.

Mike

I've spent a lot of time with interesting guys just like Sal. A person can learn a lot if he listens carefully and knows what to filter (which is tricky business). I think about the Rendezvous every year about this time but have never made the trip over there, or spent a single day in the Superstitions either, for that matter. Even though I don't have a direct interest in those hills, I would like to eyeball some of you guys. Maybe this year ...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent a lot of time with interesting guys just like Sal. A person can learn a lot if he listens carefully and knows what to filter (which is tricky business). I think about the Rendezvous every year about this time but have never made the trip over there, or spent a single day in the Superstitions either, for that matter. Even though I don't have a direct interest in those hills, I would like to eyeball some of you guys. Maybe this year ...

You really should. Its a good time. It lasts from Friday Afternoon until Sunday Night. Saturday night is the main night with speakers. Although the speakers can be a little dry at times, the best talks are around different campfires after the talks are over. Pour some liquid talk down Sal or Bob Schoose (or me for that matter) and watch'em go! HAHAHA

Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike on your lgnore list. That's your loss! I wish I had half the knowledge he has on these subjects.

Yes, you could be right, but I'm full of theories and stories that someone can find in archives, internet or by fishing anyone else. All these never helped someone to find something in the mountains, but would be only worth to complete a good narration in a story about a treasure or a mine found by a skilled map decrypter.
If you like stories, theories and not the gold , then maybe the only loss would be in your part.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike on your lgnore list. That's your loss! I wish I had half the knowledge he has on these subjects.

Thanks Frank. Doesn't phase me a bit though. I have been here for 13 years as Gollum (and four or five before that with my real name), and in that time I have seen a million Markmars. They don't post information seeking honest appraisals from other members. They only want to have someone back up and agree with their opinions. Anyone that disagrees is somehow "against them" or is somehow "attacking them". At that point, they lay on the insults until you call them out as internet tough-guy nothings. HAHAHA As everyone here that has ever known me knows, I am willing to give anyone that insults me the opportunity to repeat those insults to my face. They never do. But yes, I'm sure he will be the one to find the LDM via Google Earth. Just like BB found the LDM only to discover it was just Chuck Crawford's old diggings. At least I give BB credit for having the guts to show up at a Rendezvous and go to his site. Most people who have "found" the LDM are content to sit on their couch and argue with anyone who doesn't fall for their BS.

Mike

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Frank. Doesn't phase me a bit though. I have been here for 13 years as Gollum (and four or five before that with my real name), and in that time I have seen a million Markmars. They don't post information seeking honest appraisals from other members. They only want to have someone back up and agree with their opinions. Anyone that disagrees is somehow "against them" or is somehow "attacking them". At that point, they lay on the insults until you call them out as internet tough-guy nothings. HAHAHA As everyone here that has ever known me knows, I am willing to give anyone that insults me the opportunity to repeat those insults to my face. They never do. But yes, I'm sure he will be the one to find the LDM via Google Earth. Just like BB found the LDM only to discover it was just Chuck Crawford's old diggings. At least I give BB credit for having the guts to show up at a Rendezvous and go to his site. Most people who have "found" the LDM are content to sit on their couch and argue with anyone who doesn't fall for their BS

Google earth can be a helpful tool it has been to us. But until you put rubber to the pavement, all you have is a theory, and I can say that with first hand the knowledge, as can anyone who has actually, been to the place. It amazing me how many people think they have discovered it with GE, and never step foot in the place. Even with boots on the ground, and even in the right place, the terrain is so severe, it is not impossible, to put pieces together, but it very difficult. Right, are guys are training with professional climbers, who are going with us so we can get to places. Maybe like us GE sometimes can help but in no way can anyone with just Google Earth be sure of anything, and if they are, they are not credible, that may be blunt, but that is the hard sober truth. Jeff.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Google earth can be a helpful tool it has been to us. But until you put rubber to the pavement, all you have is a theory, and I can say that with first hand the knowledge, as can anyone who has actually, been to the place. It amazing me how many people think they have discovered it with GE, and never step foot in the place. Even with boots on the ground, and even in the right place, the terrain is so severe, it is not impossible, to put pieces together, but it very difficult. Right, are guys are training with professional climbers, who are going with us so we can get to places. Maybe like us GE sometimes can help but in no way can anyone with just Google Earth be sure of anything, and if they are, they are not credible, that may be blunt, but that is the hard sober truth. Jeff.
Your are right, it is funny how so many put such faith in GE, I have discovered rock wall enclosures much larger than any mine entrance, as a result of actual boots on the ground explorations, funny thing is, I cannot distinguish them with GE, even with the exact coordinates. For me GE is worthless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread