Converting a dump bank into a buy bank

SilverSharpie

Mar 16, 2012
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Do any of you have any experience in converting a previous dump bank into a buy bank? I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but I haven't dumped there in a long time, and I've probably only dumped a total of 15 or so boxes there. I have completely stopped CRH lately, since my main buy bank has cut me off. I've been trying to get back into the game, but I have exhausted all my buy banks. My current dump bank can handle anything I throw over there for now, but I can no longer keep the volume I once did. At first, getting rid of the coins was a problem, but now it seems buying the coins is now an issue. Suggestions?

Upvote 0

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I turned a buy bank into a dump bank, but never the opposite way around. Gonna have to now, though, since one of my dumps cut me off. Gonna try going in and getting some dimes/nickels on Friday and seeing what happens.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think your 15 boxes diluted the silver in the system too much aside from whatever else has been dumped there from others. If you're not going to dump there anymore, I'd say go for it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Dump heavy and often. When you notice the dump bank getting exasperated, offer them a "truce" so to speak. Explain to them that they'll never see another coin from you in the future, but you need a consistent weekly order on their end to supply you. They will jump at the chance to rid themselves of a dumper.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you get cut off?
What makes you think the same thing won't happen again?
Are there any other banking options in your area?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me: "Hey, can you guys order these coins, you know, the ones I bring in all the time?"

Teller: "Oh, yeah no problem, how much do you need?"

Me: "Lets start with two boxes, that cool?"

Teller: "No problem, I order on tuesdays so you can come in on Wednesday after 3:00PM."

Me: "Cool, thanks. See you then."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread