Converting a gas pump to make it suitable for SW

kayakguy

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

First post and all...

So I have a Honda GX200 engine mated to a gorman rupp pump that I used for irrigation. Now I am moving to the Caribbean and am wondering if there is a pump I can attach to my engine that will be suitable for salt water for salvage and minor excavation in sand.

I have looked online a bit but can't seem to find what I am looking for. Keep in mind I am a complete newbie at this. This may not even be practical but it was a Hell of an irrigation pump and it's small size is perfect for my small boat. Plus I already own it:thumbsup:

Thanks in advance.

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Use dredge principle like for dredge for gold but no sluce

OP
OP
K

kayakguy

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be it salvor! I can't find any specs as to input and output diameter are if it is suitable for saltwater. I will have to give them a call.

It is a shaped differently from the gorman rupp that is on there now but this would still be fine for pulling water out of a salvaged boat right?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be it salvor! I can't find any specs as to input and output diameter are if it is suitable for saltwater. I will have to give them a call.

It is a shaped differently from the gorman rupp that is on there now but this would still be fine for pulling water out of a salvaged boat right?

All the pumps are aluminum. water is water as far as permformance, just flush it out with fresh water before storing it.

OP
OP
K

kayakguy

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All are the same? I figured I would need bronze or stainless due to corrosion. If that is the case I will just use the pump I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions