Converting to XP Deus

Rick James

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thread isn't getting much action in the main MD section, so I wanted to drop some thoughts in this one. I've always noticed that the Deus forum section has very little activity, compared to other brands. I'm debating on selling off a few detectors and going with the XP Deus as my only detector. Is there any reason to think that the Deus is not up to par with a Minelab E-Trac? If they have similar power, it only makes sense to shift to a more light weight, wireless detector.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus forums have little action cuase we are out enjoying a fantastic detector!

LOL

I did (well am doing) the same thing you are talking about, I sold my Tesoro, got my Gold Bug 2 for sale, Got my ACE350 for sale and am gonna sell my mint AT Pro....I love that AT Pro!

I think the Deus is a great machine.....

Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deus xp is plenty up to par still to date my most favorite machine that was made wish i still had it

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep both. They will compliment each other.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will only say that if you are good with your Etrac and like it I would put a lot of thought into keeping it.
I have never owned a Etrac but have owned a Deus and a CTX. I still have the CTX and other than the light weight of the Deus I have not missed it. Two different animals for sure.
TL

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will only say that if you are good with your Etrac and like it I would put a lot of thought into keeping it.
I have never owned a Etrac but have owned a Deus and a CTX. I still have the CTX and other than the light weight of the Deus I have not missed it. Two different animals for sure.
TL

I think yours is one of the few posts from a CTX owner that got rid of the Deus over the CTX. Did you have both at the same time? What were the deciding factors.

I am a CTX owner considering a Dues more for it's portability and the depth reported with the new 11" coil.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus is quite popular for a reason - it performs! Forget the light weight and the wireless - those are gimicks if there was no performance and no one would be buying them. They are exceptionally deep, fast and can be adjusted to suit many hunting situations. And now with the option to start with the 11" coil, I believe they will be even more popular. Don't hesitate, the Deus is the real deal. :) That's not to say the Etrac is a slouch... it isn't. I have used an Etrac for several years and loved it.

I believe the XP will find things that the Etrac will not - and vice versa. With these two you would have a great 1-2 punch if you can afford both.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think yours is one of the few posts from a CTX owner that got rid of the Deus over the CTX. Did you have both at the same time? What were the deciding factors.

I am a CTX owner considering a Dues more for it's portability and the depth reported with the new 11" coil.

Well portability is a good thing and the depth is dependent on several things. I think that a lot of Deus buyers are not aware of the fact that to gets the Deus full separation potential the depth really suffers. The Deus is a little faster than the CTX (not leaps and bounds faster) but I find the CTX unmask better and provides more info.
E
All the videos you see on the Deus separation the coil is 2 or 3 inches over the targets. Raise the coil up to 7 or 8 inches and see what happens. Do the same thing with the CTX and you will see the unmasking and separating abilities it has.

CTX is waterproof , works better for salt beaches and bad soils,can get a 6" coil and you can use any headphones you like and still be wireless.

The Deus is a great machine for sure but if it weighed the same as the CTX not as many would give up the CTX for it.

I just feel the CTX is a better all around machine.
JMO
TL

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the XP DEUS! best iron and trash detector out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread