Jan 3, 2012
Sallisbury MD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which Cook county? Seems there are a number of them.

WM

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to the link, didn't see anything about metal detecting. If I wasn't already spayed, I could get a good deal on that...

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cook county illinois. The ban happened last april. No detecting allowed and even posessing a detector is a ticketable offense. Thats why it is called crook county. We have some beautiful forest preserves here butcant metal detect in them.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are beaches still fair game?

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Illinois is very good at banning things. So much so that when I drive across the country, I actually avoid Illinois so as to not pay any fuel tax, nor will I do any business with an Illinois based business (barring my employer :D)

WM

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry man I went there found nothing about banning metal detecting though from all the other bans, taxes, excessive repressive laws being passed or suggested I could see them banning detecting and then starting a licensing program for detectorists as well as taxing the finds. They are all about getting all they can from 'the people'. Gee, glad I do not live there!
...............63bkpkr

Archeillogical

Greenie
Feb 7, 2013
Shelbyville, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure a quick call to Mayor Rahm will sort that out right away...NOT!! Everything about Chicago seem to filter down to the rest of us in this oppressive State. Here in Shelby County, IL we can't even hunt the beach on Lake Shelbyville because the US Corps forbids it. I tried to get a permit since the feds had one on their site for other federal lakes, but NOOOO not here in IL.

Maybe they think we are concealing weapons in our detector heads. God forbid that the other 49 states night be right. I vote to give Chicago to Wisconsin :skullflag:

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chicago is a city in cook county. Chicago and all of cook county was originally suppose to be in Wisconsin but it went to illinois.

Army Corps managed land is probably off limits all over the country where it could be a poasible terrorist target. Some state parks in illinois allow detecting but only certain parks and then only certain places in those parks and only with a free permit. Some of those open parks are open year arond oers have closed seasons.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archeillogical said:
I'm sure a quick call to Mayor Rahm will sort that out right away...NOT!! Everything about Chicago seem to filter down to the rest of us in this oppressive State. Here in Shelby County, IL we can't even hunt the beach on Lake Shelbyville because the US Corps forbids it. I tried to get a permit since the feds had one on their site for other federal lakes, but NOOOO not here in IL.

Maybe they think we are concealing weapons in our detector heads. God forbid that the other 49 states night be right. I vote to give Chicago to Wisconsin :skullflag:

I forgot to ask, what about down by Effingham? Are there any bans down there you know of?

OP
OP
D

dhearn

Jan 3, 2012
Sallisbury MD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... this is the link with Treasure Fiend talking about the ban...

Semag93

Feb 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make some special shoes that has the coil incorported in them and hide the main unit in a backpack and head phones for "listening to music" wink wink

You can say:
I'm just walking out picking up garbage and things

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our forest preserves are full of pimps, hookers, johns, prostitutes, junkies, alcoholics, perverts, people having sex shooting up drugs poaching and they send the forest preserve cops out to target and ticket metal detectorists.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Our forest preserves are full of pimps, hookers, johns, prostitutes, junkies, alcoholics, perverts, people having sex shooting up drugs poaching and they send the forest preserve cops out to target and ticket metal detectorists.

Sounds more like Congress

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt say the members of congress were in our forest preserves just people like them on the county board and in the forest preserves.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just one more reason why I left California 9 years ago and why I will never live in Ill. First they take the guns, then they take the detectors. . . . (I probably better quit while I'm ahead, I don't want to get in trouble for flyin off the handle)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All the Cook County Forest Preserve officers I've spoken with (before the detecting ban) have ALWAYS appreciated our presence while we were out detecting in the woods. It made their job easier because our presence was a deterrent to all of the above.

Plus, we also pulled out a LOT of trash.

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think they call it, crook county Ill,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread