May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swung by the Flea Market on Sunday and dug this 1972 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503925941.313297.jpg Timex out of a pile of junk jewelry. I thought it was an Omega Dynamic at first. I then thought it was an electric since I have only seen this egg case with electric movements. The crystal was scratched to an opaque condition with some small cracks and there was dirt all around. It was not running. This is what I do for old Timex's that seem to want to run but are dirty. I polished the crystal and popped out this front loader movement and gave it a bath in lighter fluid. After the initial bath I put it in another bath of clean lighter fluid and a tiny squirt of WD40. I take the Watch out of the mixture and then let it evaporate which leaves the WD40 on the contact points. I also use a blower to blow out the movement to dry with special attention to the hairspring. I then clean off the dial and replaced the unit. It runs great and I just need to get a new strap. I'll be curious if someone else can give it a try and see if it works for them. I found it to be quite successful.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few Timex collectors trolling eBay for these unique models. It's definitely a brand you can focus a collection on without spending a lot of money. My first band new automatic watch was a Timex I got for Christmas when I was maybe 13 or 14 yrs old? Don't know what happened to it, but I did think a watch you didn't have to wind everyday was pretty cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread