Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a short hunt last night in a yard I hit a couple years ago with my Whites. I remember getting rained out so thought I'd give it another try.
Ended up with a 1907 Indian, 1909 Wheat and a no date Wheat on the coins.
Had a few relics including a Sweet Navy button, another small decorative button, Leaf Broach, make up tin lid (Nylotis Rouge Naturelle), old car and a US plate of some sort. No writing on the back - almost looks like the front of a lock or something :icon_scratch:. McLaughlin Carriage Plate was a pretty fun find. Some history of the company below. Fun 2 hour hunt!!

The McLaughlin automobile company began life in 1876[SUP][1][/SUP] as the McLaughlin Carriage Company, a blacksmith's shop in the village of Enniskillen, located 20 kilometres (12 mi) north east of Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. The company began making horse-drawn carriages in the mid 19th Century, moving to Oshawa, Ontario in 1876. The most successful of their time, producing more than 25,000 carriages a year,[SUP][2][/SUP] the company grossed $1,000,000.00 1898 incorporated as the McLaughlin Carriage Company of Canada Limited. in 1901. By 1915, the company was making one carriage every ten minutes.[SUP][/SUP]

Attachments

• DSCN6062.JPG
    DSCN6062.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN6066.JPG
    DSCN6066.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 98
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 64

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I got one from Adrian in the spring. WTG on all the keepers.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way cool on the carriage plate, Brent. :hello2: One carriage every ten minutes? They must have had some production line! Thanks for sharing the history with us. :icon_thumleft:

HH

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet relic bro!..thanks for the history bit too! You're right about the US plate being part of a lock too, I have one exactly like it. good stuff man love it, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread