Cool day cache hunting...

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been working this private site off an on, rumor is the crazy old guy had stashed of money all over, no luck yet, but there's a vast amount of land to cover...I keep trying anyways.

Had a good day even without the jar of coins...FINALY broke the quarter dry spell...18 dimes, 2 halves this year and FINALLY a quarter (been 8 months since the last one...very odd). Got some kind of odd token thing, 3 wheats and moldy oldy bullet...

MUCH work left to do here!

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 670
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 661
Upvote 0
OP
OP
diamondjim

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been using the big 15 inch coil on this hunt, a silver Q just makes me happy...target IDs are WAY off using monster coil, so I've doubted my equipment in previous hunts, what would real ground find silver ID as anyways? This a was a perfect dead lock with nothing anywhere close to screw up ID. I did find a silver pocket spill with big coil a while back, but this one just tells me so much about the way the big coil coil works. One silver coin all by itself...EXACTLY what I've been hoping to see with big coil.

Very reassuring to see this one, target ID and tone combined in a way I did get a chance to notice before digging...so I learned MUCH about the big coil today and realize I haven't seen that combo yet, so didn't pass coil over any other good stuff that I missed.

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I don't know whether you are aware of it or not but that token is from the 1920's...It is a klan token...The Klu Klux Klan.

HH
MichiganRob

OP
OP
diamondjim

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend Your Money With Americans Only.

YUP, Easily in the top 5 best things I ever found.

But WHAT was it for? It has no demonination or value. Not a trade token...why make it in the first place, what purpose did it serve?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in before the fecal storm :munky2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread