Cool find in my driveway

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I found this little chunk of limestone with a shell still embedded in it walking down my driveway in Florida. I'm about 100 miles from the Atlantic or the gulf, at about 100' ASL.

I know this is from when Florida was under water back around the last ice age, but it still tickles me to no end to just pick this up out of my yard and thought I'd post it.

image-758361483.jpg

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice driveway surprise! I'm in NM and found this..... DSCN1989.JPG ....and at 5,000 ft. So, know how you feel! :)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on how old your home is but they use to use limestone in the driveways instead of gravel like they use today. In Florida especially southern Florida

OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The home was built 1987, but I'm not sure that there weren't other structures on the property earlier.

I do have tons of limestone in the driveway. I don't know if it's always been there, was brought in, or was dug up and pushed in when the highway was build in 1926, or since then.

Thanks for the insights, I learn new stuff each time everyone posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread