jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
private property......tied up through a acquisition.....left to rot....posted....
i only dream............i think it has a pond....big and itsy bitsy........fish in the big one, ? knows what in the itsy bitsy one......oh did i mention area was developed between 20's and 40's.............ah geeeeee.......wish i had gonads

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you know you can't damn shame too --find out who owns it at this time and hell just ask em nicely can't do any worse since its a no go now.---the smart use of "stones" not the dumb use of them ,is the differance between those in jail and those out of jail.--if a guy attacks with a ship robbing and looting and taking a town by force hes called an outlaw pirate , however if he attacks with a fleet of ships he is called an admerial...Ivan

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I agree with Ivan...find out who has it tied up. Never know. It could net you that first great find !!!!!
Do it for the rest of us dreamers.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's right just ask the guy who owns the property. You never know.

Just the other day, my partner and I were researching a site. We stopped and asked a fellow about the site and he told us to go see the guy who owned the property. We did just that, man are we happy we did!!!

The guy talked to us for over an hour, gave us permission to hunt anywhere on any of his properties. He owns over 300 acres, in just one location and he also gave us permission to hunt a Indian Relic Site. He said we are the only ones he has given permission to hunt this site. Wow, you never know, all you have to do is have the guts to walk up to a person and ask for PERMISSION.!!!! It also might take a little leg work on your part to find that person, but in your case it will definitely be worth it.

HH, Ringfinder

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
ooh, that looks good. when was it built? if it's not fenced, i would just hit it at night. but that's just me.

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
sorry dad, um, i mean montana jim. keep obeying all the rules society has put in place, and i'll keep finding gobs of old coins.
no one would ever know if he hit that site at night, as long as he filled his holes. it's an ABANDONED SCHOOL!! have you completely lost your appetite for adventure, montana jim??

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
oknorom said:
sorry dad, um, i mean montana jim. keep obeying all the rules society has put in place, and i'll keep finding gobs of old coins.
no one would ever know if he hit that site at night, as long as he filled his holes. it's an ABANDONED SCHOOL!! have you completely lost your appetite for adventure, montana jim??

Nope... I nail the heck outta schools... and still have plenty of appetite for adventure! I just read that part about it being posted... and posted mean posted... so I'm not inclined to agree thats it's okay this time. Also, it's not an abandoned school - it's private property now.

Please understand - I also would not be wondering and dreaming about it, I'd ask and find out! If it's "no" then I'd be on to the next thing with no regrets and not always wondering "if".

Maybe it's my 24 years in law enforcement... maybe I did turn into "Dad"... maybe I don't want someone to screw it up for me down the road 'cause he jumped a fence since nobody was home type of thing. It's not a heavy thing... and I did say "But that's just me". ;)

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
i understand what you're saying, jim. i would not hop a fence. but if it were me, and that place was not fenced, i would discreetly hit it at night, even if it was posted private property. don't get me wrong, i'm a law-abiding, contributing member of society. but, if i were to ask whoever owned that school if i could detect there, they would most probably say NO. now you tell me: what's the harm in discreetly hitting that place after dark for a couple of hours to see what's in the ground?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
oknorom said:
i understand what you're saying, jim. i would not hop a fence. but if it were me, and that place was not fenced, i would discreetly hit it at night, even if it was posted private property. don't get me wrong, i'm a law-abiding, contributing member of society. but, if i were to ask whoever owned that school if i could detect there, they would most probably say NO. now you tell me: what's the harm in discreetly hitting that place after dark for a couple of hours to see what's in the ground?

The harm?

I already stated my opinion, as did you. Lets agree to disagree...

You would discreetly trespass, after being told "no", on posted private property... and get gobs of coins.

I would not... and miss out on the adventure.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh you forgot only one thing in the adventure story line ---the part when the cop car shows up and you get arrested for tresspassing and hauled to jail and you have to call people to PAY MONEY to bail you out in the middle of the night and where you have to PAY MONEY to a lawyer and go to court and PAY MONEY for fines and where you get a CRIMiNAL RECORD-- lets see thats 3 pay moneys and 1 criminal record--yep sounds like loads of fun and a grand adventure. true most likely that wouldn't happen but if you roll the dice often enough any gambler knows that you'll crap out sooner or later. just do it legal or forgetaboutit 8) Ivan

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Ivan.

you forgot 2 other points

(1) They would probably confiscate your detector. Thats bad enough but

(2) When everyone reads it in the paper that would be one more strike against M.D.ers and too many strikes everyone will be saying NO...

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a nice place. Just ask, you never know. Maybe ask when the transfer is going to take place or maybe ask the realtor or the purchasing party. Dont limit your choices. One of them would say yes and if they did I am sure the other would not mind. Just a thought. :)

Good luck to you.

hh twister

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oknorom said:
ooh, that looks good. when was it built? if it's not fenced, i would just hit it at night. but that's just me.

hang on let me get some popcorn :o

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
If you are a law abiding citizen as you state you wouldn't trespass on posted private property ! I know the temptation though .

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oknorom said:
i would discreetly hit it at night, even if it was posted private property. don't get me wrong, i'm a law-abiding, contributing member of society.

Uhhhh.....what?

Websters Dictionary

hypocrite

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Open mouth...insert foot.

Jim

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a partner that hit a empty house that was for rent without permission. someone called police and he got cited for tresspass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread