Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I found a Wilmington & Manchester RR tag about 100' from where I found a CS buckle and 6 CW buttons. After looking at the history of this RR, " The Wilmington & Manchester Railroad was chartered in 1847 and opened in 1854 from Wilmington west to Camden Crossing, South Carolina on the South Carolina Railroad's branch to Camden - a total of 161-1/2 miles. It was not successful and was sold under foreclosure for the first time in 1857.During the Civil War, the railroad suffered from the destruction of its track and equipment and from the inability to acquired the necessary materials for repair and reconstruction. When the war ended, the earnings were so small that it was impossible to put the road in proper condition. Legal proceedings began and a second suit of foreclosure was brought to the courts of North Carolina and South Carolina.
The company was consequently sold on January 5, 1870....".

Pretty fascinating wondering if a troop dropped this. If I could only see what this tag has seen, Steaming down the tracks from Wilmington, NC to SC.

Attachments

• dad 007.JPG
    dad 007.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 95
  • dad 008.JPG
    dad 008.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 9

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY LITTLE BUDDY NOW THATS A SWEET FIND NICE ....

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice that you got the history to go with the tag. That's what it is all about,putting the story with the artifact...and then daydreaming about where it's been and what it's seen.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread