Cool story for finding connected items

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year was my first at detecting and one of the first things I found was this Mt. Washington Cog Railway lapel pin CogRailway3.jpg . So, today, almost exactly a year later I am in a different part of the yard, maybe 50ft from where I found the pin and find this ring. Cleaned it up enough to know what it is and surprise: Mt. Washington Cog Railway ring. Probably doesn't mean too much to you seasoned pros, but I think it is wicked cool! CogRailwayRing1.JPG CogRailwayRing2.JPG

Upvote 11

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very cool!! I thought perhaps it was referring to another Mt. Washington here on the west coast but I googled it and found "The Mount Washington Cog Railway is the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway. The railway is still in operation, climbing Mount Washington in New Hampshire, USA" It is a unique part of your area's history. Congrats on the finds!! GL & HH.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great story. Who knows, maybe next year you will find a matching necklace...Brad

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great finds! Congrats!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty neat, you may be able to do some research on your property...maybe someone who lived there at one time worked for the railway. Census reports often include occupations of those in the household.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very cool and rare to find related items, congrats. Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions