Cool Token, a Few Odds and Ends and a Realization.....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I went to a fairly new park 'cause the old school I planned on hitting was mobbed with people. I didn't have much time to begin with; maybe 90 minutes tops.

I started off with the BH 202 and it was going absolutely bat sh*t crazy from some kind of emf interference or something. The grass was really wet from the rain as well which didn't help matters. I was getting a bit frustrated because I had to turn the sensitivity down so low it was just about worthless.

So, rather than ruin a beautiful evening by being frustrated, I broke out my old Tracker IV for the first time in about a month. It was actually fun. That thing allows you to cover lots of ground QUICKLY.

Within the first 10-15 feet of walking I got a nice clear, high tone managed to find this:

Cool Token Tracker IV 002.JPG

It's a batting cage token of some kind. I've never seen one before but then again, I've never paid to hit baseballs. I know lots of fields where I can do it for free. It's pretty big so at first I thought I may have had something really cool. It's cool I guess but not really cool.

It was almost dark so I just started walking and swinging in the little time I had left. I dug up an old latch part of some kind, a couple of metal spring loaded hooks and some clad. The oldest clad coin is a 1969D copper penny. Oh well. I found all but two of those items in about 10-15 minutes. The first hour was basically wasted fighting with the 202 and resulted in finding only two Zincolns.

Cool Token Tracker IV 001.JPG

As for the realization I mentioned in the title, the fact is, I have found WAY more cool stuff and all but one of my best finds with my little $30.00 Tracker IV.

I've given the 202 almost a good solid month (since July 26th) of daily use for at least two hours per day and on weekends, 6-8 hours on average, My best and oldest find with it was one 1881 Indian head (which I KNOW the T4 would have easily found). The only gold I have found was a salad fork with an 18K electroplated handle tip. I have yet to hit silver of any kind with it.

Frankly I'm just not impressed with the machine and I'm very glad I didn't pay retail for it. I'll probably be putting it up on CL before too long and use the money toward an upgrade.

I'm going to create another thread about the 202 in the hopes that I may get some info. Maybe it's not working right or something. I have no clue how to troubleshoot it or even what to look for.

I know that it's often not the detector but the operator but believe me, this thing just doesn't find the goods nearly as well as the cheap little Tracker IV. The tones are just all over the place and consistently unreliable. I wish this wasn't the case.

Thanks for looking and HH

Last edited:
Upvote 6

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest: