COOL TOOL

Looks like the auction is starting out very well! Congrats! I'm going to have to look at tools now to. It already takes me FOREVER to get through a sale or TS because I look at ALMOST everything. Lol

I presume there are people who collect Mr. Stoner's planes. If so, some of them might miss this unique piece because you have a typo in the title of your ebay listing. Your title reads:

"J. P. STORER PLANE MAKERS TOOL PUNCH"

You might want to fix that just in case. In any event, it looks like you will do VERY well on that piece. Congrats!

I presume there are people who collect Mr. Stoner's planes. If so, some of them might miss this unique piece because you have a typo in the title of your ebay listing. Your title reads:

"J. P. STORER PLANE MAKERS TOOL PUNCH"

You might want to fix that just in case. In any event, it looks like you will do VERY well on that piece. Congrats!

It looks like it says "J.P. STORER" on the tool, not "Stoner". Probably not the same maker

Indeed it does. Where the hell did I get the idea the name was Stoner? :icon_scratch: I must not have been fully caffeinated that early in the morning.

Fully caffeinated...yeah....I think they call that "wake & bake"... Lol...jk

Hi mojjax!
It looks like you found a hundred dollar bill. (and some change) I found your ebay auction and was going to bid, but it's up to $102.50 already. Good for you! I've never seen one before, and I am an old guy. :) That is really a neat item.
The little feller who is sticking a butter knife in the wall socket looks like me when I was about four years old. After I got the electrical bite, I ran away. Never told Mom what I did or I would have gotten worse than just an electrical shock. lol
Thanks for sharing this unique find with us.
Best of Luck!
Phil

That's a great piece, i'm not at all surprised that it's doing well. There are tool collectors with very deep pockets...and that's one of a kind.

Wow, $102.50 and plenty of time still left. Tools are something I've never really even looked at, but I think it's time to change that. One more thing to look for!

This thing is on fire!

Sent from a empty soda can!

Great save !!
Storer, Joshua P.** Brunswick 1854-1873 Tools Made: Wood Planes Remarks: Apparently a carpenter and spar maker who made planes, Storer wasreported producing 500 planes, made out of both lignum and beech, valued at $750 in1860. His imprint J.P.STORER | BRUNSWICK | ME. with the name line curved are ratedas “rare to very rare” according to Pollak (2001, 398).
Source: http://www.davistownmuseum.org/PDFs/Vol_10_Registry.pdf
Don.....

Wow ! $548.98 SOLD

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That's incredible!!!! Well done!

Sent from a empty soda can!

Congrats on that! Do you have any more of those? :)

You should ask the buyer what his interest in the item is? $500 is a nice chunk of change to put down. Congrats!

Congrats! That is a nice deal and a great piece! I figured it would go over $200.00 but that final price is AWESOME! And I'm sure the high bidder knows that he got a great deal! Its not like those hit the auction block everyday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back