COON A$$ LA Treasure hunt A$$ Convention

nana40hubby

Jan 16, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nana40
Collectors Of Old Novelties & Abandoned $pouse $ociety Convention held today!

The starting gun sounded at about 8:00 am and all of the Collectors of old novelties (C.O.O.N.) (formerly known as Treasure Unearthing Relic Diggers (T.U.R.D.)) fired out of the starting gate like a bullet. We immediately lost half of them because they went off chasing the opening gun bullet. I have never seen such a conglomeration of coils flying through the air. There were about 14 injuries right out of the gate. ME stopped because of a faint signal and was rear ended by BB. It was a horrible sight, pink tutu feathers flying everywhere. Shortly after that MG hollered for Stoney to come assist with a hole she was working on and that was the last we saw of either of them, however we were able to recover three automobiles from the hole they started. Tin Nugget found the last key for the prize and was last seen running for his life with about 50 swinging coils hot on the trail. Roz was seen talking with a little green man shortly followed by a blinding flash of light... no more Roz. The once attractive couple, Noodle and her A$$ now seem to both be bald and seen screaming "We will never do this again!". Old Goat was seen gathering firewood and going off into the woods mumbling something about needing more wood for the still. River Rat, Nana, & Roz were seen trying to help each other into their garter when apparently some elastic snapped causing everyones detectors to scream in unison. Craziest thing I have ever seen... looked like synchronized swimming with everyone dropping and digging at once. WSD is still chasing the garters that Roz, Noodle, and Nana where trying to get on. Poor JuanMoreTime (he is about 7'4" (sorry I was told only 6'10.5")) was just walking along listening for that elusive beep when a small aircraft came by and put a nasty gash in the back of his head. Gunsmoke was seen trying to set up his telescope when he pointed it directly at the sun which started a fire and now about 30 people will have to walk home. All and all a bad day for the detectorist.

The Abandoned $pouse $ociety meeting got under way without a hitch however. I was determined that I get rid of... pawn off, the Presidency this year but I walked off for just a minute and VP Dan (Noodle's A$$) came after me to make sure we were there for the vote. While we were gone, apparently the danged ol' meeting was held with elections and all, and it seems we were elected again. Dang we are going to have to establish term limits here. Something is bad wrong with this picture cause we had drafted River Rat's A$$ and the dog never served a single day. He invoked some kind of never before heard of rule about elections held on the second official hunt after the first full moon of the 1st half of the last century was only valid for a day and reverted back to the previous screwee. Dang Dan, we should have noticed that rule. We also were informed that because Monday fall's on Tuesday this coming Wednesday Thursday's meeting will be held on Friday because Saturday and Sunday are holiday's. Therefore no term limits for the next unofficial meeting.

There were many other events worthy of mention but my stomach is aching now and my eyes are burning from crying so long I think we all had a very good time all in all. Sorry if I didn't report on some the injuries but I can only do so much!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: COON A$$

OMG I roared on this one.. You certainly wrote that exceptionally well... That was hysterical, what a visual..Icannot wait to read more...rather hear more and do update us on casualties ( spell checker is off today oops)

I love this..thanks for keeping us updated..

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
OMG! Charlie, now I know why you wer elected President! That was the most rivoting description I have ever heard! I mean, I clung onto every detail...........well, that is until MJ mentioned ME swinging his "whatsit"!! :o :o :o :o Dang, I thought that was illegal in Louisianna! LOL

Great job! Now...hope that you all come to CTH2!
---Mel

borninok

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
borninok said:
OMG! Charlie, now I know why you wer elected President! That was the most rivoting description I have ever heard! I mean, I clung onto every detail...........well, that is until MJ mentioned ME swinging his "whatsit"!! :o :o :o :o Dang, I thought that was illegal in Louisianna! LOL

Great job! Now...hope that you all come to CTH2!
---Mel

borninok

and I thought he was flicking his bic :icon_scratch:

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Noooo... Mel, ME was *showing* his whatsit, not swinging it! Hm. That doesn't really sound any better, does it ROFL

I wish you could have been there. I wish you all coulda been there!

Nan
who has GOT to get back on the road! see y'all later!

;D

OP
OP
nana40hubby

nana40hubby

Jan 16, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nana40
On a serious note.... Dan & Noodle, thanks for opening up your home and hearts to us all. Anyone that didn't have the time of their lives must have been on drugs or something. Sunday night I was sitting thinking about our trip so far and wondering how much money we had spent thus far and realized we hadn't spent a dime (other than my obligatory trip to Walmart). You two have a beautiful place and thanks for sharing. Tell everyone of your family and friends that helped and shared thanks for us also in case we didn't get to. Ya'll to are very special folks and welcome in our home anytime.

Thanks Gunsmoke for bringing the telescope. I am not sure if that was for me or not (probably remember me belly aching that I didn't bring mine to either of the previous hunts) but thanks none the less. That was someting that I won't soon forget as your telescope is much better than mine. I just hope you didn't mind an A$$ taking a peek. WSD ya'll got something special. I have had and hope to always have a good relationship with my kids, but you guys make us look like we are unrelated. I don't think I have ever met two more quality individuals.

Roz, thanks for being there and sharing your friendship but just to let you know you now have competition on the nose flute. I heard one of the kids playing one that sounded like concert quality. You have created a real virtuoso. Also this is three years now of you promising to show me your A$$ and you haven't come through yet.

RR again great to see you. I am not sure how your A$$ has avoided being President. He has a way of showing up when least expected... I don't even have time to call an emergency meeting for new elections.

I spent a great deal of time with Tin Nugget and Sniffer again. Once again quality folks there. I can't say enough about the friendship I feel toward all of you guys.

ME and BB thanks for the entertainment. I really thought I wouldn't care to watch two guys in tutu's but I must admit it was different. It was one of those moments like a really bad wreck where you really want to look away but just can't.

More to follow but once again we are late for breakfast and everyone is waiting on NANA cause I have been ready for hours ::). Hope to get back on in a little while.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
So glad you had such a great time. Certainly need to thank you as well for the posts you made...they sure made it great for those of us that were not able to be there. Very special and am forever grateful! Get home safe and check back in! I hope to see lots more posts from you now! :thumbsup:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie,

My wife cracked up almost in tears from your post of the opening morning of the hunt! I think you deserve the title of " Official Reporter" on any more hunts. Ellen, my A$$, said ya'll should get together and create a book on the hunt. She said she would illustrate it and you could do the writing.....I think it would be on the bestsellers lists shortly!!! Great meeting you and we will stay in touch......Ellen says she has visuals of the hunt she would love to draw! Life is good!!! ;D

Steve ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I want a copy Ellen!! lol love her illustrations and can just imagine Charlie's stories and her illustrations combined! Would be a MUST HAVE!

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cyn,

Actually she was serious when she said it. I don't know where she would find the time but she would! With Charlies writing and her illustrations, it really would be good. Lets see if Charlies up for it!!!! ;D

Steve

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Gosh I hope so because it would be AWESOME! What a great team they would make!! PLEEEEEEASE Charlie??!!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
nana40hubby said:
Roz, thanks for being there and sharing your friendship but just to let you know you now have competition on the nose flute. I heard one of the kids playing one that sounded like concert quality. You have created a real virtuoso. Also this is three years now of you promising to show me your A$$ and you haven't come through yet.

Honey, you and Nana are terrific folks. You two make it easy to "be nice." I have never heard a mean or hateful word from either one of you, ever. You're Good Folks, and that's just the way it is!

As for the nose flute, how terrific there's a virtuoso now! I just wish we'd gotten a concert from him (her?). Don't suppose you got a name, did you? (Anyone know who the concert nose flautist is?)

As for my A$$ - I haven't "promised" his attendance since that first time, when it fell thru for him to come. I can hope, but can't promise (so far) for the next CTH. I think (hope) that he just might make it to the CTH II. I think he wouldn't mind seeing what he's been missing lol

you guys rock.

Take it easy,
Nan (ros)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread