New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cop Stops to Throw Football with Kid

Infowars.com
January 20, 2014

Police dash-cams typically bear witness to some of the most heinous treatment of our fellow humans, but footage from the dash-cam of one Texas officer appears to turn that theory on its head.

Shocking footage has emerged of a Rosenberg police officer stopping to interact with a child.

In the video, an observably lonely boy is seen tossing up a football, seemingly waiting for a companion. But what Sgt. Ariel Soltura does next is what makes this viral video so fascinating.

In an inspiring act of compassion, Sgt. Soltura stops his vehicle, steps out, then proceeds to toss the football back and forth with the boy.

“And I saw he was throwing up a football, and I could tell he was playing by himself,” Soltura told KTRK. “He didn’t have anybody to play with. He wasn’t just waiting for more kids to arrive.”

The officer plays with the boy for about two minutes before getting on with his day.

“I literally got out of the car. I did like this, which is the universal sign of ‘throw me the football,’ and at that time you just saw his face lit up, and he was ready to play,” Soltura said. “At that time, he and I both connected. We began to throw the football. You can see that I’m obviously trying to get him to go along, and so we’re just playing a game of catch, and it was awesome.”

In a world where there is certainly no shortage of bad cop publicity, we don’t need to tell our readers how refreshing it is to see that not all cops live to beat 4-year-olds, jaywalkers, or homeless people.

And it’s positively a breath of fresh air to remember that not all cops want to violate our civil liberties, squelch the First or Second Amendments, or shoot mentally ill people without provocation.

Much like a soul that has been corrupted by an evil spirit, there is still an inkling of humanity residing within many of our public servants, it just sometimes takes the right moment to bring it out.

Ironically enough, Sgt. Soltura, while acting outside of his normal job duties, is lucky he didn’t get reprimanded. In 2011, four NYPD officers were punished for tossing a football with a young boy in a Bronx housing complex.

This article was posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 at 4:12 pm

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes but the dark comments will come no matter of good intentions:coffee2:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it is good to see a positive cop story. I'm sure there are a lot of them but we don't hear about them because that's what's expected of them. Most stories are of just the opposite which make "news".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Cop Stops to Throw Football with Kid

Infowars.com
January 20, 2014

Police dash-cams typically bear witness to some of the most heinous treatment of our fellow humans, but footage from the dash-cam of one Texas officer appears to turn that theory on its head.

Shocking footage has emerged of a Rosenberg police officer stopping to interact with a child.

In the video, an observably lonely boy is seen tossing up a football, seemingly waiting for a companion. But what Sgt. Ariel Soltura does next is what makes this viral video so fascinating.

In an inspiring act of compassion, Sgt. Soltura stops his vehicle, steps out, then proceeds to toss the football back and forth with the boy.

“And I saw he was throwing up a football, and I could tell he was playing by himself,” Soltura told KTRK. “He didn’t have anybody to play with. He wasn’t just waiting for more kids to arrive.”

The officer plays with the boy for about two minutes before getting on with his day.

“I literally got out of the car. I did like this, which is the universal sign of ‘throw me the football,’ and at that time you just saw his face lit up, and he was ready to play,” Soltura said. “At that time, he and I both connected. We began to throw the football. You can see that I’m obviously trying to get him to go along, and so we’re just playing a game of catch, and it was awesome.”

In a world where there is certainly no shortage of bad cop publicity, we don’t need to tell our readers how refreshing it is to see that not all cops live to beat 4-year-olds, jaywalkers, or homeless people.

And it’s positively a breath of fresh air to remember that not all cops want to violate our civil liberties, squelch the First or Second Amendments, or shoot mentally ill people without provocation.

Much like a soul that has been corrupted by an evil spirit, there is still an inkling of humanity residing within many of our public servants, it just sometimes takes the right moment to bring it out.

Ironically enough, Sgt. Soltura, while acting outside of his normal job duties, is lucky he didn’t get reprimanded. In 2011, four NYPD officers were punished for tossing a football with a young boy in a Bronx housing complex.

This article was posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Now THAT... is UP-LIFTING!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Great story Red. :thumbsup: When I was a kid the local police were respected and things like this were common. It's nice to see that some still think it's important to make a good impression.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it is good to see a positive cop story. I'm sure there are a lot of them but we don't hear about them because that's what's expected of them. Most stories are of just the opposite which make "news".

Yup,main stream got to keep the masses of azzes afraid of the boogey men.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was a kid the local police were respected and things like this were common. It's nice to see that some still think it's important to make a good impression.

Yup,back at the local hang out spot when we were growing up the beat cop never really hasseled us.We use to razz him and he would razz us back all in fun.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see something like this

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up in a very small town in southwest MI. I lived in town across from the school with a great view of the towns water tower from my bedroom window. Football homecoming game was coming up. So 2 friends and I climbed the tower and changed a 72' to a 73' in 5ft. letters facing the field. This was my Junior year in H.S. Got away with it! Well the Seniors couldn't have THAT so up someone goes to change it back to a 72'. They got caught on the way down tower. So 4 days go by and the night before the game we're gonna change it back to a 73' again. So up we go and change it we did. Were all done and we see the cop car coming. We had a great view. I said lie down and DON'T MAKE A SOUND!!!! He pulls up to base of tower and says come on down guys. Nope... he doesn't know for sure I think..??? Colder than hell up their lying on that steel floor hugging the tower. He stays there for 10 minutes (seemed like 10 hrs.). He announces he's going on break and won't be back for 1/2 hour and leaves. He not gonna FOOL US!!!! So for 15 more minutes we lie on this steel floor. We couldn't take it any more and agreed we had 15 minutes left to "escape" if he wasn't lying or watching. So down we come... QUICKLY!!!! Got away with it!!!!!!! Next night at football game I'm walking around and the local cop, Bob walks up to me and says "Brad, didn't you freeze your ass off up there last night?" I give the typical "What are you talking about look". He says "Don't do it again son" or else!!!! He waiting for a "yes sir" and he got it!!!! Bob was a GREAT COP... he knew the bad kids from the good kids and acted accordingly. 10 years later Bob was still the local cop and we talked about it over a beer at the local bar one day. Those days are gone I'm afraid.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I musta missed something

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to buy that officer a donut

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey Bandit, my son wants me to go to the Indy mecum auction and buy a car this spring!!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
hey Bandit, my son wants me to go to the Indy mecum auction and buy a car this spring!!
I think you should go. Need someone to carry your luggage in exchange for a ticket ? lol Hey the other day we were discussing Austin Dillon. Here he is a couple years ago down the road from here at our local dirt track. Grandpa was in the stands watching.. Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap TN. They call it the worlds fastest dirt track and I believe the track record is over 140mph... sideways..

Attachments

• 6-24-action-4.jpg
    6-24-action-4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 55
  • 6-25-11Austin-Dillon-TN-vs.-NC-Brawl-Fight-Belt-300x222.jpg
    6-25-11Austin-Dillon-TN-vs.-NC-Brawl-Fight-Belt-300x222.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 59
  • Austin Dillon at Bulls Gap.jpg
    Austin Dillon at Bulls Gap.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 57

Peyton Manning

Gold Member