Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If there's no rules/laws that say "no metal detectors", then the answer is: "yes, there's no prohibitions." (unless it's as crowded as in your pix, then.... better to wait till a lower-traffic time!)

I wonder if you can fly frisbees there? (unless it's as crowded as in your pix, then.... better to wait till a lower-traffic time!)

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
giving out louzy advice as usual.....

However as it is, there are no regulations about MDing in Brazil (some about diving and sunken treasure/artcifacts);
The man with the metal detector from Brazil | The Ring Finders Metal Detecting Service Inc.

...tomorrow I think will take the 18-wheeler for a spin in the local park, I meen its no signs there saying that I can´t do it....

I've looked over the link you provide, and for the life of me, can't understand what the relevance is here? The man there is saying "no problems in his area". So.... what's the point of that link?

And as for driving 18-wheelers spinning donuts in the park, you're absolutely right! There's no signs forbidding that. Nor signs forbidding nudity, murder, etc... in the park. I guess you haven't read enough of my posts on the subject, eh? Because I already acknowledge that it is possible that such a "no detecting" rule exists down at city hall (or county or state-parks, etc...) yet is not on the sign. And in those cases, it STILL doesn't mean to go ask "can I?". It means you can go look up any such potential rules for oneself, to see if such a thing just doesn't happen to be on a sign at the park entrance.

Thus ........ I'm not really sure your point?

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always go to the City/County website and use the search functions for codes/ordinances.

kpixaba

Jul 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I´m from Brazil, and I have a friend who is hunting on copacabana´s beach....but he waited for things to calm down first....after the pope was gone and people started to dismiss, he went for hunting....he´s been hunting the beach for this entire week, and has found some nice stuff...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread