🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tidetraveler :)

Congrats on your finds :icon_thumleft:
Your finds realy would deserve a better picture. :-\

I think it might be a good idea for the understanding of it, if you told here, why you are going from Sweden to Denmark over the bridge to search?
I suppose it is because metal detecting is completely prohibited in your own country, Sweden.

Now, I have no problem with the fact that you go to Denmark to search, as you know, you Swedes are always welcome in Denmark. I just hope that you are aware of the danish law that says that you have to hand over all finds of historic / archaeologic interest to the National Museum in Copenhagen ??

Greetings from Denmark :hello:
The Dane

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TheDane said:

I think it might be a good idea for the understanding of it, if you told here, why you are going from Sweden to Denmark over the bridge to search?
I suppose it is because metal detecting is completely prohibited in your own country, Sweden.

Now, I have no problem with the fact that you go to Denmark to search, as you know, you Swedes are always welcome in Denmark. I just hope that you are aware of the danish law that says that you have to hand over all finds of historic / archaeologic interest to the National Museum in Copenhagen ??

The Dane

Very comforting to know that I am welcome in Denmark. It is absolutely forbidden to MD on the Swedish islands of Öland and Gotland. However it is possible to gain permission from the local archeologist on mainland Sweden. :evil5: Unfortunately it's NOT possible to wake up in the morning and say, the weather looks good, I think I'll go hunting. :BangHead:

Was that you I saw in the park yesterday? Is it possible to hunt the Danish island of Börnholm?

HH :hello:

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tidetraveler said:
TheDane said:

The Dane

Very comforting to know that I am welcome in Denmark. It is absolutely forbidden to MD on the Swedish islands of Öland and Gotland. However it is possible to gain permission from the local archeologist on mainland Sweden. :evil5: Unfortunately it's NOT possible to wake up in the morning and say, the weather looks good, I think I'll go hunting. :BangHead:

Was that you I saw in the park yesterday? Is it possible to hunt the Danish island of Börnholm?

Hi again :)

No, it was not me you saw in the park. I live in an other part of Denmark.
I just wanted to be sure that you know the rules in Denmark?
You have to know the "Danefae-lov".

You can read about it here:
http://www.natmus.dk/graphics/pdf/danefae_folder.pdf

As to permission in Sweden I have heard that it is more than difficult to get those permissions?

Of course one can hunt on Bornholm, but again you have to know the "Danefae-lov". On Bornholm there are many sites with ancient finds.
An other thing you have to realize in Denmark: You can hunt beaches, but if you hunt fields, you have to get permission from the landowner. And you also have to be sure that NO other detectorists search those fields. Among detectorists in Denmark we have at ethic code saying that we DO NOT hunt other detectorists fields !!

TheDane :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TheDane said:
tidetraveler said:
TheDane said:

The Dane

As to permission in Sweden I have heard that it is more than difficult to get those permissions?

Of course one can hunt on Bornholm, but again you have to know the "Danefae-lov". On Bornholm there are many sites with ancient finds.
An other thing you have to realize in Denmark: You can hunt beaches, but if you hunt fields, you have to get permission from the landowner. And you also have to be sure that NO other detectorists search those fields. Among detectorists in Denmark we have at ethic code saying that we DO NOT hunt other detectorists fields !!

Thanks for the "heads up". I will check that link you sent and familiarize myself with "danefae-lov".

Tusen Tack

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BABYnamedLINDA said:
Cool! I din't know they had metal detecting in Denmark, what are Denmark famous for besides dip ?

Sorry, but ... :BangHead:

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tidetraveler said:
TheDane said:
tidetraveler said:
TheDane said:

The Dane

Thanks for the "heads up". I will check that link you sent and familiarize myself with "danefae-lov".

Tusen Tack

Bare helt i orden, tidetraveler :icon_thumleft:

Hvis der er noget af det danske som jeg skal forklare dig nærmere, kan du bare spørge (fråga) ! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread