Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Got this email today from icmj

The latest hearing on the suction gold dredging moratorium in California took place February 14 in front of Judge Gilbert Ochoa in Rancho Cucamonga.

Nearly 50 miners showed up to lend their support.

Judge Ochoa set up a calendar for the case, with the most important date being July 24, 2013. This is when attorneys representing the miners will seek summary judgement and an injunction to get California suction gold dredgers back in the water immediately.

The case calendar is as follows:

March 15, 2013: Deadline to file amendments.

April 15, 2013: Deadline to file responses and pleadings.

May 15, 2013: Deadline to file opposition arguments.

June 15, 2013: Deadline to file replies to opposition arguments.

July 24, 2013: Hearing on demurrers and above mentioned arguments at 9am. Judge Ochoa will also address summary judgement and the requested injunction.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The timeline is meaningless. The gov't side will just keep filing for continuances and delays in an attempt to bankrupt and demoralize the miners fighting this.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
It is my understanding, that up to this point, that is exactly what the Karuks and the Sierra Fund has done, at least with this schedule, everyone is on notice and given specific times to make inquisitions and appeals, regardless, a ruling will be made on PLP's motion. Not to say the ruling will go in our favor, but at least on the surface, it will be heard in a court where we could get a fair hearing... I am not a dredger, but I will become one, if we are allowed back into the water. Eternally optomistic:icon_thumright:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
things work out in court for the side that is right all the time the system may be a pain in the a$$ but, it isn't completely broken.This is exactly the situation we need to be in and keep giving support.You don't stop fighting a battle because you don't know the date it will end.Maybe we should all just stop prospecting because "THEY" are gonna take it away from us anyway??????

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THEY NEED MONEY TO CONTINUE TO FIGHT I'm buying a bunch of books for the raffle $10 for 12 tickets and check out those prizes, well worth money spent for the cause and that $$ does go to the attorneys who are our soldiers :BangHead:

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Vini

Going to invite me over for some nozzle time if you win that new Keene 4 inch???

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding gold is a gamble as well as d..m hard work - why not gamble a few dollars on the raffle and save the sore back one time?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Vini

Going to invite me over for some nozzle time if you win that new Keene 4 inch???
Oak....we get this back,and you have a spot with me.....I just got off the phone with a landowner that I tried for years to get on his water....wouldnt do it,with Gold prices he is wanting some...........fingers crossed!!!!

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I must warn you, I have never dredged,and not very smart, but a hard worker:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread