Copper bracelet found at a park

Siriusz

Greenie
Jan 27, 2024
Hit two locations today. The first location was terrible and was all fishing gear (namely small weights), so I hit the second location hoping nobody would kick me out like they did at the other park. Luckily nobody did, so I was able to hit this park pretty decently. Most of the finds were zincers ringing 35-38 target ID on my Legend, So I began mentally notching out certain target IDs in favor of very low numbers and numbers that hit 40 at least. This rang 40-42 so I dug a 6 inch or so plug, and this big old copper bracelet came out. It's very hippy/new age like which is not surprising as the town is full of these individuals.
Will be hitting this park again because the town is very old and has potential. Also tracking two more leads from a local who I talked to about watering holes.

Attachments

• copper.JPEG
    copper.JPEG
    64.4 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 15

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit two locations today. The first location was terrible and was all fishing gear (namely small weights), so I hit the second location hoping nobody would kick me out like they did at the other park. Luckily nobody did, so I was able to hit this park pretty decently. Most of the finds were zincers ringing 35-38 target ID on my Legend, So I began mentally notching out certain target IDs in favor of very low numbers and numbers that hit 40 at least. This rang 40-42 so I dug a 6 inch or so plug, and this big old copper bracelet came out. It's very hippy/new age like which is not surprising as the town is full of these individuals.
Will be hitting this park again because the town is very old and has potential. Also tracking two more leads from a local who I talked to about watering holes.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
S

Siriusz

Greenie
Jan 27, 2024
I was testing threshold levels on my legend and ran this bracelet on my machine. Turns out the initial 40-41 VDI when it was in the ground is now reading 20-30 VDI when out of the ground. I tested an actual copper coil to run comparisons and it was blasting into the 60 range which is high conductivity, but this bracelet is low conductivity. Usually the only things that are low conductivity that I find is aluminum and gold, and this bracelet feels too heavy to be aluminum.
Anybody have any idea what kind of metal it could be besides gold that is low conductivity?

OP
OP
S

Siriusz

Greenie
Jan 27, 2024
It looks like a 60's to 70's bracelet! Cool item!
Its likely not that old cause the park itself is pretty new despite the area being old logging town. It's new enough that old folks who live there remember the area being just overgrown brush before it got turned into a park. Likely this piece of "hippy" jewelry is from the hippy event they have every year.

OP
OP
S

Siriusz

Greenie
Jan 27, 2024
I would definitely hit that park again!
I have already. All coins this time as I was trying to hit low and high sounds instead of the 30's- 37's which are more likely than not to be zincers. It's a good park, though I've got my eyes set on a older park based on topography maps in my area from the 1900's taken from historicaerials.com. Hopefully that park is okay to search, but i'll have to check it out cause it's next to a school, but doesn't seem to be school grounds proper.

Goldbuggy

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2022
Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread