Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, Tried my luck this weekend at a local picnic ground. Not used since the 1950's For nearly 90- yeras the local church use to hold a sunday afternoon picnic on the flats of the local creek. Most of the trees died or got burnt down in the big fires we had a few years ago.Many of the families of the cornish miners had little wealth and didn,t even own a horse. Yep walk so the location was a spot on the local creek away from the town. In the spring they held this event once a month.After the ww2 cars became more affordable and poeple began to travel more. This spelt the end of the local event.

Children played in the water with the watchful of the women and the men had a refreshment table under the trees . Yes couldn,t buy beer on Sunday, all the bars were closed. Sneaky they were as behind the trees they hid green glass beer bottles and tipped the beer into pottery jugs. 2 penny a jug and all taking went to the church fund. Local cops turned a blind eye and often enjoyed themsevles.Plenty of pennies but not much else.

tinpan

Attachments

• o3.jpg
    o3.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,550
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1,514
  • o1.jpg
    o1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1,509
  • o2.jpg
    o2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,514
  • o3.jpg
    o3.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,549
Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
tinpan,You find some cool stuff downunder mate,I found one of those pennys here recently,boy they are BIG! God Bless HH Chris

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,400
  • 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,394
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker said:
tinpan,You find some cool stuff downunder mate,I found one of those pennys here recently,boy they are BIG! God Bless HH Chris

Hi Chris Your copper penny was taken back to the states after the WW2 war. Nearly million US serviceman spent leave from the war in Australia between 1941-46. Thanks for sharing

tinpan

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great hunt!!! sweet finds!!! MR TUFF

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tinpan, Good to see you posting. How's the job hunting coming? Any leads?
I found one of the big, old Australian pennies, plus a large Canadian penny, plus an American penny,
all in one area next to a small village here in S. Korea. Seems like the village must have played host
to some foreign troops during the Korean War.
Wish you were here to eyeball some finds my partner is finding.....near the ruins of an old mine. Large, black, heavy,
stone. Hard. Can't bust into it. It shows gold on his meter. Any ideas what a black rock could be, as far as ore?
Good hunting.

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hikeinmts said:
Hey Tinpan, Good to see you posting. How's the job hunting coming? Any leads?
I found one of the big, old Australian pennies, plus a large Canadian penny, plus an American penny,
all in one area next to a small village here in S. Korea. Seems like the village must have played host
to some foreign troops during the Korean War.
Wish you were here to eyeball some finds my partner is finding.....near the ruins of an old mine. Large, black, heavy,
stone. Hard. Can't bust into it. It shows gold on his meter. Any ideas what a black rock could be, as far as ore?
Good hunting.

Hi sounds good I,m only a secondary gold deposit hunter. You need to post a pic of the ore sample in the gold forum and the Primary deposits hunters will know.

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread