Other
Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
And yet I still can't sell my coppers that I need to sell before moving, for a price of 1.1X face! Sad!!

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
I just started saving copper cents about a month ago and I have almost 12$ face worth. Ive only hunted one box of cents (since I made the decision to keep copper and not just wheats and such) and a few friends jars of change but that box gave SLIGHTLY over 24% copper/zinc ratio. Once I hit $50 face I'm just going to sit on it until either copper skyrockets or SHTF and I have metal.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
It's 26% in my neck of the woods.

Once I hit $50 face I'm just going to sit on it until either copper skyrockets or SHTF and I have metal.

That's what I said 4 years ago. I currently have just under $1,000 face. Don't search as much as I used to, but still do from time to time. Much like CRH, you get addicted after awhile, and can't think of selling for less than a "fair" return for your efforts. In my case, I'd need 1.5x to sell. Not going to get it for some time, I think.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
It's 26% in my neck of the woods.

That's what I said 4 years ago. I currently have just under $1,000 face. Don't search as much as I used to, but still do from time to time. Much like CRH, you get addicted after awhile, and can't think of selling for less than a "fair" return for your efforts. In my case, I'd need 1.5x to sell. Not going to get it for some time, I think.

Yup ,went out last year and bought a rydale. Crushed it for about a month then realized I couldn't sell for even 1.3x so I just stashed them away until they finally get rid of the penny. Then it on

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got cans and cans full of them coppers and I'll wait as long as it takes as it will all add up in the end. I hope.
Each hunt I add to it with every copper I dig outta the dirt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread