copper stockpilling.................

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Found this on another Form, with link: (interesting)

copper stockpiling
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a1B_ZBQfii8Q

Sept. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Private investors in China, the world’s largest metals user, have stockpiled “substantial” quantities of copper as the government ramps up stimulus spending to spur the economy, according to Sucden Financial Ltd.

Pig farmers and other speculators may have amassed more than 50,000 metric tons, Jeremy Goldwyn, who oversees business development in Asia for London-based Sucden, wrote in an e- mailed report after a visit to China. That’s about half the level of inventories tallied by the Shanghai Futures Exchange, which stood last week at a two-year high of 97,396 tons

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question is....Why are pig farmers hoarding copper? ???

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
My question is....Why are pig farmers hoarding copper? ???

There is no money in Pigs right now; copper will hold value, FIAT currencies will not.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha. Didnt know pork bellies were doing so bad... I think most metals will be in demand in the next few years. The greenback isnt going to hold up very well with the printing press at full speed. Why I am searching so hard for silver nowdays.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
How about Fertilizer ? I'll bet that's why it is being hoarded. The pigs won't eat the chinese food(I know they just call it food).
JP

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
How about Fertilizer ? I'll bet that's why it is being hoarded. The pigs won't eat the chinese food(I know they just call it food).
JP

Copper is used to make fertilizer?

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Before I made the post I looked up copper. It is used for fertilizer but it is hard on the soil(good for some plants and fruits)
The Pig Farmers are speculating there will be a copper and nickel shortage and that would bring them more $$$$ than the piggies would. JP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread