Corinth Civil War Maps

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Hello all,

I have not posted in a long time. I am looking to see if anyone would have or know where i could locate some maps of the Siege on Corinth (both 1st and 2nd sieges) during the Civil War (1862).
I have the potential to metal detect on some virgin land down around Corinth this coming year and am trying to gather as much information as I can.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you

99Brown

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Corinth Mississippi?

The Library of Congress has a couple of maps on line showing entrenchments in 1862.

"Map of the country between Monterey, Tenn: & Corinth, Miss: showing the lines of entrenchments made & the routes followed by the U.S. forces under the command of Maj. Genl. Halleck, U.S. Army, in their advance upon Corinth in May 1862".

Very detailed.

Good luck

DCMatt

OP
OP
99Brown

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Thanks Matt. Yes, Mississippi. I have googled and found some maps, but nothing real helpful. I will try the suggestion you gave. Thank you.

99Brown

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if the Military atlas of the Civil war has them? I will try to dig mine out and see

AlabamaRelic

Jul 2, 2009
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I had an ancestor that lost an eye following this battle. I have located a union encampment on the Tennessesse north of Iuka on maps. Just not sure if it's still above water. Hopefully I will have time to check it out this summer. If you would like for me to give you the location, let me know.

Attachments

• 400px-Corinth_Oct3-4.png
    400px-Corinth_Oct3-4.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,635

flodiver

Greenie
Feb 21, 2008
Detector(s) used
MXT
If you need any help on this site I'm in Florence,AL - let me know!!

Always looking for somewhere new to hunt

Shaun

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Just a little note, Monterey Tennessee has been gone for a long time. What you are looking for now is the town of Michie. If you look across from the Michie Post Office today you will see the Ole Monterey Cafe! I have an old map of West Tennessee and a lot of towns just no longer exist or have changed names like Monterey did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread