New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only hunted for about an hour and a half this morning in the cornfield "where nothing can be found" I managed three keepers.
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20160406_122226.jpg 20160406_122252.jpg

Upvote 5

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. That's fine for an hour.

I have a spot where nothing can be found but every time I think it's finally hunted out something appears
Ain't it great??.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems you have taken the place of " the one that shall remain unnamed:tongue3: ". You have a handful of threads all at once on the front page! My last attempt at finding a new permission ended in wasted gas and a morning spent going from one farm house to another. I don't know where they go when they aren't farming, but no one answered the door lol.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last attempt at finding a new permission ended in wasted gas and a morning spent going from one farm house to another. I don't know where they go when they aren't farming, but no one answered the door lol.

My first inclination when a door to door salesman comes to my door is the shotgun. But, then, I just choose "ignore". I suspect, that MOST people do NOT want ANYbody walking up to their door to pitch ANYthing! Not even themselves! Just my take.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first inclination when a door to door salesman comes to my door is the shotgun. But, then, I just choose "ignore". I suspect, that MOST people do NOT want ANYbody walking up to their door to pitch ANYthing! Not even themselves! Just my take.

Yeah I agree. You and Brad have both seen me. I am pretty intimidating...all 5'6" of me:laughing7:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat coin brad, haven't seen one of those before

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Door knocking is the bread and butter of this hobby for me, I couldn't imagine NOT knocking, would be a lot less keeper finds made on my part

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everybody runs for the shotgun, might just be grumpy people. Lol

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everybody runs for the shotgun, might just be grumpy people. Lol

The worst I've ever gotten was a flat-out no! With the door slammed on me, even the people who refused me the majority of them are polite about it, I think it's all in how you pitch it

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worst I've ever gotten was a flat-out no! With the door slammed on me, even the people who refused me the majority of them are polite about it, I think it's all in how you pitch it

In all honesty, what I fear is metal detectorists catching one more negative . it's a metal detectorist, you know, those scavengers that go around stealing what other people lost and carving up every park and school ground, making sports fields dangerous for our children, leaving their trash all over, leaving holes in tot lots and goes knocking on doors to bother everybody?

Once I was asked what I was doing and I was too ashamed to say I was metal detecting. :dontknow:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In all honesty, what I fear is metal detectorists catching one more negative . it's a metal detectorist, you know, those scavengers that go around stealing what other people lost and carving up every park and school ground, making sports fields dangerous for our children, leaving their trash all over, leaving holes in tot lots and goes knocking on doors to bother everybody?

Once I was asked what I was doing and I was too ashamed to say I was metal detecting. :dontknow:

That is exactly the reason I give some things I find back to the people that lose them many times. I figure the ones that don't fill the holes, or leave trash, trespass or just don't care about the owner's rights and feelings are not helping anyone.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds from the limited items to be found field!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
your coin is a "GROSCHEN" from Austria

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread