Cornish Australian Afternoon Tea after old chinese market garden hunt.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, Got up real early as the afternoon heat is starting to get hot again.Headed out to the old chiness market garden which are located along the local creek .takes about 2 minutes to drive there.
Not all the chiness could mine gold so some realized there plenty of money to made from growing fresh vegies and friut trees.Demand was great and the prices were high.

Spent most of the morning mding the market gardens with little luck.manged a few common chiness cashe coins and got 2 pieces of much later pottery from the creek below. Both pices were made by the local pottery. This started in 1863 The pottery jar dates from 1890's and the ginger beer from around 1920.

Well when i got home about 2 pm the wife had baked some nice cheese scones and picked up some apples from the local farmers produce market.rather tasty with a good strong cup of coffee. I often see what you americans post in the way food so i thought i would give a bit of an idea what southern australians eat. In some ways our life styles are so different.

tinpan

Attachments

• S7301369.JPG
    S7301369.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 567
  • S7301370.JPG
    S7301370.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 567
  • ROT02371.JPG
    ROT02371.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 577
  • ROT02372.JPG
    ROT02372.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 570
  • ROT02373.JPG
    ROT02373.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 567
  • S7301374.JPG
    S7301374.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 563
Upvote 0

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mate :icon_thumleft: Love the Ginger beer bottle and I love drinking Ginger Beer and Spruce Beer :coffee2:

yet I have not seen eather in years :'(

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy said:
Hey Mate :icon_thumleft: Love the Ginger beer bottle and I love drinking Ginger Beer and Spruce Beer :coffee2:

yet I have not seen eather in years :'(

Thanks hardy A few still make home-made ginger beer but most here buy ginger beer in plastic bottles of the supermarket self.I remember when i was a kid, my gran would not always get the mix right and the bottle would explode in the cuboard she stored them in.. Big sticky mess to clean up.lol

tinpan

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like those Ginger Beer bottles but never dug a whole one :(

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo T

From the land of the Bluenose.....nice scoff there me bouy. Love those old ceramic bottles! Thanks for posting and letting us have a gander youz!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TinPan....nice finds. The coin picture....the coin in the upper right hand position....that coin dates into the 700's
(seven hundreds). I'm trying to find out about the other coin under it.....I've seen it before, but can't recall all the details,
but it is an old one, too. If you can give a better picture of the other two, I can let you know what you have, if you
don't know already. (by the way, the 700's coin is quite common.....$3.00 to $5.00 American dollars. If you had the
Korean derivative of the same coin, you would have a 5 or 6 figure coin....in U.S. dollars. They are rare as hen's teeth.
Be glad to do the research on the other two coins....just need clearer pics. GREAT FINDS!!!

Nice finds! I have about 25 different ginger beers but only dug 2. I enjoy collecting these and even bought an Aussie one on E-bay a few years ago from Australia. I thought that the shipping would kill me but it wasn't that bad. What's bad is Canada Post. ::)
Is your ginger beer Aussie or English? Most of mine are English and Canadian.
Food isn't too different here as I grew up with cheese or raisin scones too. Those cheese ones in your picture is making me hungry!
Nice post.
Dave.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH..not that different at all, TP. Looks like a yummy treat for an afternoon sit down!
The bottles are great! You know, I was thinking....you need a video recorder so's you can take us along with you on your outings. Would LOVE to see the country side there and hear the details of these fascinating places you visit.

Nana :hello:

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hikeinmts said:
Hey TinPan....nice finds. The coin picture....the coin in the upper right hand position....that coin dates into the 700's
(seven hundreds). I'm trying to find out about the other coin under it.....I've seen it before, but can't recall all the details,
but it is an old one, too. If you can give a better picture of the other two, I can let you know what you have, if you
don't know already. (by the way, the 700's coin is quite common.....$3.00 to $5.00 American dollars. If you had the
Korean derivative of the same coin, you would have a 5 or 6 figure coin....in U.S. dollars. They are rare as hen's teeth.
Be glad to do the research on the other two coins....just need clearer pics. GREAT FINDS!!!

thanks for the info, there was a chiness camp on the other side of the creek and there about 7000 chiness. they built 4 chiness JOSS Houses, one still stands today. i think these really old coins where used in the Festival of Ching Ming just be for Easter. they couldnt go back to China to make honour blessing to their ancestors so built joss house and alters and made do. Most of the chiness here were free chiness who ran away and not imported forced labour.

tinpan

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
Nice finds! I have about 25 different ginger beers but only dug 2. I enjoy collecting these and even bought an Aussie one on E-bay a few years ago from Australia. I thought that the shipping would kill me but it wasn't that bad. What's bad is Canada Post. ::)
Is your ginger beer Aussie or English? Most of mine are English and Canadian.
Food isn't too different here as I grew up with cheese or raisin scones too. Those cheese ones in your picture is making me hungry!
Nice post.
Dave.

Yes mine is an australian even the pottery which made is about 5 miles up the road, Bendigo Pottery started in 1863

tinpan

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pottery bottles are my all time favorite !! I congratulate you !! Without ginger Beer you could not make a DARK AND STORMY, !!!

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
I like those Ginger Beer bottles but never dug a whole one :(

i know what you mean crusader . i found 2 in the past 5 years.the other 100 were smashed.

tinpan

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Sweet bottles there, I know the bottlos will be weeping.

Has to be virgin ground I reckon. Another burnt patch Tin?

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Those bottles are amazing!!
You have done well in all of your hunts!
One minute you are bringing in the bottles and next
you'll be hauling in the gold!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool Tinny.I just looked up those gardens on Google earth,went right to it!You live in a neat area!Right near the Welcome Stranger!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread