Cornucopia of Goodness

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a little mixture of everything today, given that its 35 degrees with a honking northwesterly wind at a steady 30 mph. Initially I started out MD'ing at "KD", somewhat typical day, clad, spent shotgun shells including two "Sears Clinton Mallard 12 gauge paper shells" and one that is a bit hazy (needs cleaning). Also found an old coat hook and a old suspender fastener. However, I did find a non-descriptive flat button. Four fields down, 4 to go!..

Flat Button
Flat1.jpg
Flat2.jpg

I have been neglecting my favorite aspect of hunting...Bottle dump diving! I went to go prospect a new location that I will refer to as the "Tragedy" site..low and behold, a beach with 3/4 of a mile of a million glass shards (its a good thing). Given that the temps were even colder than before (wind off of water) and that I was ill equipped to do serious bottle digging, I did manage to bring home a few samples. Two vintage 1950's coke bottles, a glass stopper w/crown for a perfume bottle, two mason jar liners (you always need them) and last but not least, a "Ponds Extract" bottle that roughly from the 1880's despite the date on the base. All in all, a decent day..

Ponds
Ponds1.jpg
Ponds2.jpg

Total for the day...
all.jpg

Upvote 6

Fingerlakes119

Aug 16, 2013
Finger Lakes Region Of NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Profind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great day. Its always good to find some old bottles while detecting. The ground is still mostly frozen here I warm spell starts tomorrow that start the thaw. HH George

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great day. Its always good to find some old bottles while detecting. The ground is still mostly frozen here I warm spell starts tomorrow that start the thaw. HH George

Funny you should say that, I usually detect while primarily looking for bottles just in case I may have missed something, given the near arctic temps, I am hesitant to dig bottles (thermal cracks, etc.) so I am left to detecting until it really gets warm enough to start slinging dirt.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Neat bottles! :hello2: :occasion18: :hello2:

Had to laugh about being childlike, as at 72 my "inner child" has emerged totally! Often the things we enjoy most as adults are similar to what we loved best as kids. For me, playing in mud was one of my 3-year-old joys, which morphed into making ceramics & metal-detecting now, lol. HAVE FUN! :cat: Andi

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...I like that Ponds bottle...I was a bottle collector long before I started detecting...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions