Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You've a stable of good machines. Why would you want the 2200? Just want to spend the money?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You've a stable of good machines. Why would you want the 2200? Just want to spend the money?
Deepseeker ... Is right why do you want the 2200 with all the good detectors you have..... Could be you have more money than you know what to do with....

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He never said he was buying, just letting others know.

OP
OP
G

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He never said he was buying, just letting others know.

Exactly. Not for me. Just FYI.
Costco doesn't carry these all year. Marketed for the General Public Holiday purchases.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
OK sorry i did not understand the post .I read something into it that was not there ..

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks! Sounds good to me!! I need to upgrade.

I love my sons BH Gold Digger....what a machine for $60. The 2200 would definitely be an upgrade...but the BHGD is one hell of a "toy" and kills it in the 1-5 inch range. Recovery speed and separation is bonkers on it. Mocks many 500-1000 machines with it's recovery speed alone. Can hit a dime right under a pull tab. Can disc out 5c....tab...scap...zinc....with its VERY sensitive disc knob.

If the BHGD had a depth of 8-10 inches and a workable notch system...it would be the only machine I would ever need. It simply blows my mind every time I use my sons and I credit the BHGD for getting me into this hobby. :thumbsup:

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
gravity, I was never really found of the one I had. It was like its own unique thing. I mean I found a considerable amount of clad with it. So it was not lacking in performance, however it was not the speediest thing on target, although not the slowest either. Mine loved dimes, didn't matter what kind, old pre-64 stuff, newer 2012 it didn't matter it could find dimes anyplace. Now depth was like my tricked out Tracker IV, solid 6-7 inches. Now the pinpointer, if its the old style Bounty Hunter/Fisher,,,Then,,,, well,,,,its a pinpointer. I'd go so far as to say even a crappy pin pointer is better than none at all.,,,,lol. For a holiday break into the sport less expensive package,,,Hey sounds good!!
Good Luck!!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Know anyone wanting to get into detecting that's on your Christmas list? Might be a good idea!

Exactly! Or if you do Santa for under priviledged family that has a detector on their list this would be a great start for a kid for sure! Thanks for sharing!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a 3300 for a while. I think I paid less than $90 at Radio Shack, but it's been close to 10 years and it was on sale I remember. I sold it over a year later for like double what I paid for it. It's the 2200's big brother. It was a decent machine for the price. I think the 2200 would be comparable, the only difference being the ground balance and the pinpoint feature on the 3300 which the 2200 doesn't have, ther than that I believe they are the same machine.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/bounty-hunter/16254-discovery-2200-bh-radio-shack.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...ed-bigger-coil-bh-elite-discovery-2200-a.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...not-good-my-radio-shack-discovery-2000-a.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...covery-2200-help-me-iding-targets-please.html

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK for a starter at a sub $100 price. I wouldn't buy one. I think FTP is slowly phasing out the muffler on a stick BHs. Their biggest competition for the old BHs is the Chinese offerings, that for the price, are coming on strong. Like the newer BH Pro line, for a few bucks more, you are getting FTPs newer technology. Even the Lone Star Pro offers more than most of the Legacy series BHs, IMO.

(Hey diggummup, is that a pic of the jetty's going into Port Everglades, south of the Yankee Clipper?)

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up in Lauderdale. 1957 till 1983. When I lived there 441 was a two lane rd from Broward Blvd to Okeechobee in Palm Beach. University Dr was everglades. Once it started getting crowded, I booked.:laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Lauderdale. 1957 till 1983. When I lived there 441 was a two lane rd from Broward Blvd to Okeechobee in Palm Beach. University Dr was everglades. Once it started getting crowded, I booked.:laughing7:
You got out when the getting was good. It's built up all the way to US27 now. Nothing but a cesspool now. One day I will be able to get out of here. It can't come soon enough for me.

ps- sorry for the thread hijack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread