22.5 KB · Views: 1,319

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
give em the cannon -- that way you not on the hook for it --or better yet put it back ! iron cannons are one of the white elephants of shipwreck treasure hunting --- one of the the biggest loss leader there is in treasure hunting often -- thats one of the reasons many treasure goups leave em be right where there at (the state wants them let them get em and take care of em. -- it cost to alot to properly restore and up keep an old iron cannon & most of the time their just not that valuible (unless their bronze cannons that is) Ivan

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i am currantly stuck between a rock and a hard place. i dont have cash to retrieve the artifacts i found. it will be very costly to preserve artifacts. i see over one hundred artifacts lying on top of sediment . no telling whats inside the chests. the state does not think the pictures i have taken will be clear enough to issue permits. then there is the cost involved like hiring professionalls to assist in recording finds etc etc. theres no telling how much stuff lies below sediment from what i saw much lies buried also. kiddrock33

jessejames303

Feb 12, 2008
Hey, Kiddrock33....been awhile since I was on this site....so long ago, they dropped my name...had to re-register.....
My thoughts on any site worth removing "goodies"...keep quite, stay away from the press, recover what you can, take your time in dispensing your "goodies" and if lots of $$$ involved, don't go and change your lifestyle and means of living......

When Jesse James and Frank James helped haul off Maximillian's "Goodies" to Okla and West Tex., there was no way to spend such loot.....they swore to keep it secret and use in purchasing The Indian Nations(okla. before it was a State) for the Confederacy.....but Jesse got shot and Frank turned himself in.....anyway IF they would have tried to spend all this treasure it would have attracted alot of attention .....so just stuck it in the ground......
Moral for today.......find anything worth alot ......be extremely cautious and very careful......these States can come back to claim it all.

skarmajunga

Feb 25, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Fisher F75
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher CZ7A Pro
Gota love the state of massachusetts, you take all the risk, do all the work, and they stick their hand in your pocket like they were the mafia. Greedy bureaucrat bastards.

houdini911

Sep 10, 2007
Berkshire County MA
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kidd I read your posts in Whites good stuff my friend. We really need to get set some time aside. I also still can get my hands on some great pumps to use your call.

jessejames303

Feb 12, 2008
Hey, Kid, this is JesseJames303
I told you long ago NEVER, NEVER, tell the Govt. you want a permit OR especially the newspapers that you found ANYTHING. They will take ALL from you and fine you as well. Remember?

In and out and keep quite.....anyone here who finds treasures will tell you the same thing if they are honest.....besides, who needs the "glory" if you end up with nothing........
" A fool and his money are soon parted"

Just wish I lived in your area to help you more than I did in the past, concerning the maps, angles, signs, etc.

Good luck

kiddrock33 said:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/06/01/sunken_treasure_could_be_a_costly_find/?page=1
hmmm veiled threats ! sounds familiar man i hope this isnt a 5000.00 dollar a day fine and federal prison time. kiddrock33

hyaci

Apr 25, 2009
Does this apply to on land in Mass. as well?

So, what would have been different if the guy had told them he
found it, and got the permit? Would he be required to tell the state
the exact location of his find? If you get a permit, do you still have
to pay for restoration? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions