COTTON PATCH GOLD MINE AND CAMPING

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Im not a true Hard rock miner myself but I did some research and went to the Old cottonpatch mine in New London,North Carolina.Just a few miles northeast of Charlotte.It was bought out by new owners last october and re-opened for panning to the public as well as commerically.They have a new camping area forTents, RV sites,and best of all built a few old time Prospectors Cabins that they rent.
The prices are very resonable and you can take the family there for a day of fun.I myself have found a little color and you can Pan,dredge,and Sluice to your hearts content with good results.
Jeff & Tina Pickett are doing a great job,there is so much going on right now its "MINE" boggling.Ive attached a few photos and a link to the new website.This is well worth the trip or a daytrip to enjoy the day and really find gold.There general store is completly equipped for any type of prospecting equiptment or metal detectors."TRY THESE FOLKS OUT!!"

http://www.cottonpatchgoldmine.com/

Attachments

• general store.jpg
    general store.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 972
  • a little color.jpg
    a little color.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 915
  • gold  tick.jpg
    gold tick.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,383
  • mine pics 023.jpg
    mine pics 023.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 5,085
  • gold fever.jpg
    gold fever.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 942
  • blue tray.jpg
    blue tray.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 909
  • kids in gold fever.jpg
    kids in gold fever.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 899

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go there quite often. Things have changed quite a bit since the property was sold last year. You can pan by buying the buckets and highbank or sluice material down by the creek. They bring loads to you. There isn't any dredging allowed on the property. Prices have gone up and the finds have gone down in the past year. Still, if you want to find some gold it is there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread