tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I decided to take a drive over Cottonwood pass in Colorado on my way to Ouray before it closes for winter. Looks like the fall colors are ending and the white stuff will cover it all up very soon. It was a very peaceful slow drive and it's a shortcut.

Attachments

• cottonwood 4.jpg
    cottonwood 4.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 104
  • cottonwood 1a.jpg
    cottonwood 1a.jpg
    988.5 KB · Views: 104
  • cottonwood 3.jpg
    cottonwood 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • cottonwood 2.jpg
    cottonwood 2.jpg
    890 KB · Views: 107
  • cottonwood 1.jpg
    cottonwood 1.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 135

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stunning scenery. Thanks for sharing.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, one of my favorite parts of the state. I think winter has started and this snow we're gettin is gonna stay and not melt off much. Not bad here in Frisco but Breck looks like Christmastime last year. I can still dig as the ground's not frozen yet. Along the lake yesterday found an assortment of lead weights, fishin lures, and 14 cents, on of em a 54 S. Time for everybody to make sure their vehicle anti-freeze is up to par.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love that road. I knew it drops down to Taylor's Lake but didnt really where else you could go from there. I suppose you can drive north and hit Clear Creek Road and pop back out on the Arkansas River. Right ? We spent a week at a little fish camp on Cottonwood Road once. It was called Rainbow Lake. A very old place from the 1940's. It had an out of this world view of one of the collegiate peaks. Love your story.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that road. I knew it drops down to Taylor's Lake but didnt really where else you could go from there. I suppose you can drive north and hit Clear Creek Road and pop back out on the Arkansas River. Right ? We spent a week at a little fish camp on Cottonwood Road once. It was called Rainbow Lake. A very old place from the 1940's. It had an out of this world view of one of the collegiate peaks. Love your story.
You are correct. I took Cottonwood from Buena Vista past Taylor Res. to Gunnison. Rainbow Lake, I forgot about that place. I have fished in it many moons ago, as I did live in Buena Vista in the late 70's and early 80's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread