Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BCD11 said:
I've assembled quite an collection of Brinks $25 penny boxes. If anyone would have a use for some, they are yours for the cost of shipping.

Figured I'd offer before thy go in the recycle bin.

If there full I'll take some. :laughing9: :laughing9: Just had too. :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
B

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
BCD11 said:
I've assembled quite an collection of Brinks $25 penny boxes. If anyone would have a use for some, they are yours for the cost of shipping.

Figured I'd offer before thy go in the recycle bin.

:BangHead:Ok, let's try this again. Before "they" go in the recycle bin. :tard:

OP
OP
B

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Marchas45 said:
If there full I'll take some. :laughing9: :laughing9: Just had too. :laughing9: :laughing9:

LOL!! Good one.

Yes, yours will be full...OF ROCKS! And what is your Visa number I can charge a LOT of shipping expens to? ;D

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not use your personal recycle bin. It will just show the dumpster divers that you may have a large amount of coin inside. Just my own opinion, I dump my trash in various locations around town.

OP
OP
B

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
47thelement said:
I would not use your personal recycle bin. It will just show the dumpster divers that you may have a large amount of coin inside. Just my own opinion, I dump my trash in various locations around town.

Excellent point 47. Thanks.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
They could make good fire starters. Fill a box with the old roll papers, light the paper, the fire would spread to the box then it might spread to some wood. I at least think it would be wiser to burn them rather than put them in the recycling bin as others have already stated good reasons for that.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I live just north of Detroit so I burn them.

I fill them with newspaper and place about 20 of them spread out across a house.

Then, I pour 2-3 oz of kerosene on them, light them, and run like hell.

In a few months I collect the insurance money.

Oops, I didn't mean to post that!!!!
AHHHHHH, forget I said anything.

OP
OP
B

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the idea Canadian. Unfortunately, we now have a gas fireplace, no burn pit, and a town ordinance prohibiting open burning. Being a firefighter it'd be hard to claim ignorance about the danger of burning in the fireplace or the town ordinance. :dontknow:

Novel idea MIhunter...glad you're on the opposite side of Michigan from us. Bright side of your operation is you must have one whale of a war chest for CRH. That is unless you have to use the insurance proceeds for bail money.

Pondered the idea of tipping off dumpster divers by putting the Brinks boxes in the recycle container and came up with a solution.
In the dark of night I'll stack them near the street and in front of the house of someone I'm not too fond of. Yup, works for me. ;D

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
BCD11 said:
Thanks for the idea Canadian. Unfortunately, we now have a gas fireplace, no burn pit, and a town ordinance prohibiting open burning. Being a firefighter it'd be hard to claim ignorance about the danger of burning in the fireplace or the town ordinance. :dontknow:
Perhaps the next time you go camping (if you go camping) you could use them for this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread