Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A morning hunt that could have turned into all day...Got out this morning to my current favorite Baltimore park and went right back to where I was on Wednesday morning. The grounds did not disappoint. First coin dug was a "fatty" Indian 1862. Afterwards, another hole with an IHP that surprised with a second coin, another IHP. I then recovered a very toasty Buff, followed by a memorial. A concave button without shank and then two single IHPs finished out my hunt. Also found a .32 S&W round and a 1 jiao, which is a tenth of a Chinese yuan. The closing of Patterson park to detectorists in March has forced me to look elsewhere for detecting. Like Patterson, this park has been good to me. Thanks for checking out the pics. Happy Hunting!
Finds.jpg

Upvote 20
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks diggingthe1! And they did, but duty called and I had to move on. Anyway, I suspect there are many more good targets there to be found.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for stopping by aa battery! The Fisher F75 takes 4 AAs and the pinpointer uses 2; they both powered me through a good morning of digging.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your IH - Chinese coins and .32 cal bullet finds - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the coin recoveries! The button is an interesting find. :occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I'd stopped following the city parks anymore. But, I didn't know that they closed Patterson.
I wonder, did they offer a justification?

Ya know, I think I would like to monitor a closed park for a month or so. To see whom actually continues to hunt there. THEN, see how far up the chain they reside. ;)

If I'm told I can't hunt there, I don't think I'd have a problem calling the law on those who still do. ESPECIALLY, if they happen to wear a badge of power during the day. (Grounds for a suit?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know in March that police and a park superintendent approached a group of detectorists and told them that they could finish their hunt but, that going forward, Patterson was off-limits according to concerns of the archeology folks. I spoke with someone in Park and Rec permitting office and got the same story.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Treazurehunter. I actually began expecting Indians. Will be heading back to grid search that area.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Professor! I have recovered a number of buttons from this area. In the hole it was shank-side up and all I could see was a green rim and mistook it for a coin.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank Texas Ed. Each hunt has its own story. At this one I spoke with a zoo volunteer about the home and later that morning she passed by and asked how I'd done. She was amazed to see these "old" items coming out of the ground.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks digger460! I hope to get back there before the end of the month and pull some more.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Art! The mansion at this park was built in 1801. I'm detecting within a couple hundred feet of it. It is no surprise that over the past few months I've found a half reale from 1782, tombac buttons, and the variety of coins you've seen me post.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tribe of indians

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks 46wheat! I'm certain more of them lay buried on that hill. (Along with many a square nail!)

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Why did they close the other park to detecting?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions