Could solving the riddle of Khipu one day lead to Inca treasure?

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, coffee we are agreed upon ~ :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: Don Crow and Oro will join us naturally, no?

As for the problems facing one after finding a major one, I have been in that situation since I found one over 10 years ago.

So yes, I am unfortunately aware of the difference between Britland and other countries. While being an elected member of the Elite Explorers club, it has not opened all governmental doors for me, whereas a few thousand helps out, .

Knowing when I have hit a stalemate, I have tried to encourage newer members to search but with economic fore thought. I have posted many details, except where the "X's" are
Some believe that I posted too much, which is not true, since the data is public in the mining office..

El Don Crow's 10 points =re unfortunately, all too true and necessary, but I am not in that class..

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Jose a coffee with do nicely :coffee2:

As it past my nap time. As a rule of thumb the bigger the treasure the bigger the problem.

Crow

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks

Good point by Crow: the bigger the treasure, the greater the problem.

But oh what a nice problem to have......

IPUK

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Interested party in Uk

Be careful what you wish for... my friend

I have known the best of friends fall out over treasure. Families and lives have been destroyed. Hangers on milkiing you for every cent. Always looking over your shoulder as some things will always come back from your past to haunt you. Treasure hunters often do not walk in company of pious people. They live in a twilight world of shady people with anyone of them ready to sell you out over greed. Even the those with the most noble of intentions can be tainted.

It is the lot one faces in pursuit of fortune and glory.

Crow

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crow

I fully understand the implications of sudden wealth coming between friends, family, associates etc..
Perhaps that is why you should never mix business with pleasure/personal stuff, and wholly focus on those things which can be declined or refused without any animosity or ill-feeling. Keep you inner circle small and compact. Never talk about stuff that has not taken place or does not concern others. Deal with folk that come on recommendation and have traceable reputations. Also, one should never call themselves a treasure hunter, it usually conjures images of the shady folk you refer to. I know you are talking from a lifetime of knowledge and experiences, and one would be very wise to heed such good advice.

But even after all is said and done, is there anything more exciting and adrenalin inducing then finding a magnificent hoard of gold or jewels??

This has captured my imagination since being a child and has never left me. I made an error in not ever travelling to Central and South America and gaining that experience.

Perhaps some day yet....

IPUK

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello IPUK

I understand that rush.... To describe It I refer to Howard Carter when he drilled a small hole into the tomb of king Tutankhamen's tomb and lord Carnarvon his backer asked him "what do you see?" he paused and reflected" Beautiful things carter replied." It was at that moment of all those years of searching, pain, suffering with self doubt and ridicule has come to a climax. That moment when you have come to the summit of that proverbail mountain.

There is no drug can get you higher than that rush as exhilaration euphoria kicks in.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Now now... I am not a treasure hunter.... I am a treasure researcher:laughing7:

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
As I always tell people I'm just a bum, tropical tramp doing it tough. Having a free ride on schooner with bunch of eye candy as crew in Tahiti. What else could an old pirate ask for?

cheers

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing we should always remember is Quipu is a treasure in itself as it gets us thinking beyond our preconceived notions of language and how its expressed so alien from our concepts.

Crow

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing we should always remember is Quipu is a treasure in itself as it gets us thinking beyond our preconceived notions of language and how its expressed so alien from our concepts.

Crow

I just been reading a book Peru before Pizzaro by George bankes. In one of his chapters he gives a good account of the education system. learning of Quipu only took one year to learn. So perhaps the Quipu was not as complex as we in the west imagine?

Amy

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And hows Don Jose has he got his teeth around the riddle of the khipu yet.....

I think ya been itching to solve it??????

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread