Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you see the turkey tail in the middle?
The heart/owl head shaped gap below it?
If not, You might Stay Away from Digging,
in this kind of Supposedly naturally
only looking deadly set slide pile.

That's not the only area that would trigger this thing.
20231022_160935-jpg.2111400

The Spanish had to leave N. America in a hurry at least 2X (The Jesuits & Inquistadors), & were trying to get off away to the gulf with as much as their animals could carry, & the natural Indian peoples didn't like them, & would attack & kill if they found them in their hunting grounds. Dayne Chastain wrote a story of a Spanish Gold Chest Jett Chastain saw TH's pull out of a cave in N. Central AR.

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you see the turkey tail in the middle?
The heart shaped gap below it? If not,
You might Stay Away from Digging,
in this kind of supposedly naturally
only looking deadly slide pile.
No worries -- I wouldn't have any inclination to dig in that pile or one like it. :wink:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a few more pictures I was able to get yesterday. Not sure if any of them make much of a difference. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep this post as updated as I can.
20231022_170905-jpg.2111434
:
20231022_161612-jpg.2111432
:
20231022_160935-jpg.2111400
Owls above around the Turtle Marker, & Snakes eating below,
Diamond, Hearts, & 3 way/one small lower part Cross, etc.
Moss stringing, It was all done a very long time ago.

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course you're quite right, Mother Earth for sure.
It appears quite clear, you must like to argue sir.
Maybe you should stick with what you know you can do?
Reale Treasure Hunters talk about true finds in this forum.
Not try & disrupt, stir the pot or agitate, just for vain kicks.

Treasure Marks/Signs​

Have you made your contribution yet,
or just fishin,' cause yer too bored?
Oh, I see by viewing your posts,
primarily a detectorist...

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears quite clear, you must like to argue sir.
No not at all. I'm just stating my opinion regarding what has been posted. As I said earlier, this looks like every hillside river channel around here for a hundred miles. I don't believe it's a treasure marker. I don't see anything Spanish or KGC or Jesse James or anything else about it. I don't see anything that suggest the rocks were arranged by anyone other than Mother Nature, and I don't see any reason to believe there is anything at all under those rocks but dirt and more rocks.

The original poster asked "Could this be a marker?" and asked for opinions. I think it's safe to infer that the OP asked this question to find out whether it was worth their time and energy to investigate it further. In my opinion, the answer is no. It's a beautiful hillside, and a lovely place to get back to nature and enjoy the serenity of the forest. During the rainy time there will be a lovely cascade and some waterfalls there. But that's all. Digging up all those rocks is only going to leave a person exhausted and without the nice serene place to rest.

Reale Treasure Hunters talk about true finds in this forum.
I haven't heard of any true finds on this thread, just speculation about a pile of rocks. Your implication that I'm not a "real" treasure hunter is offensive. The fact that I use a metal detector more often than not is irrelevant.

Have you made your contribution yet,
or just fishin,' cause yer too bored?
My opinions in this thread are a contribution. I'm trying to save the OP from unnecessary toil and possible injury.

That's it, I'm done with this thread.

To the OP: I wish you great success in finding treasures, regardless of what rocks they may be under. You have a great property there and I wish you luck.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
You know what opinions are like, & everybody has one,
& you don't seem trying to help anyone with anything.
Remember, I said death trap, be very careful, not you sir.
You won't hear much if even any about treasures found.
If you can understand, it's not like a gold ring, or coin to
brag about. If that's how pride & success is measured,
you're simply in the wrong forum, making excuses to
look valid for your rudeness. Good to see you done.
Contributing is actually going past your yard, out in
the field & woods to search for antique treasures ~
older, and more dangerous than what most have
any knowledge of, & take pics & load them in your
computer to study them. Some learn, some find
some good signs & markers, we all share them,
& some just want to waste time claiming their
knowledgeable enough to argue nonexistent.
Nothing new, but sadly way too common.
Have fun detecting, you'll be safe there.
Besides... it's easy, & you don't have to
take any pics, or learn so many things.
It's ok that you don't see anything unusual,
because that's the way it's supposed to be.
Unless one recognizes the clues, impossible.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
No not at all. I'm just stating my opinion regarding what has been posted. As I said earlier, this looks like every hillside river channel around here for a hundred miles. I don't believe it's a treasure marker. I don't see anything Spanish or KGC or Jesse James or anything else about it. I don't see anything that suggest the rocks were arranged by anyone other than Mother Nature, and I don't see any reason to believe there is anything at all under those rocks but dirt and more rocks.

The original poster asked "Could this be a marker?" and asked for opinions. I think it's safe to infer that the OP asked this question to find out whether it was worth their time and energy to investigate it further. In my opinion, the answer is no. It's a beautiful hillside, and a lovely place to get back to nature and enjoy the serenity of the forest. During the rainy time there will be a lovely cascade and some waterfalls there. But that's all. Digging up all those rocks is only going to leave a person exhausted and without the nice serene place to rest.

I haven't heard of any true finds on this thread, just speculation about a pile of rocks. Your implication that I'm not a "real" treasure hunter is offensive. The fact that I use a metal detector more often than not is irrelevant.

My opinions in this thread are a contribution. I'm trying to save the OP from unnecessary toil and possible injury.

To the OP: I wish you great success in finding treasures, regardless of what rocks they may be under. You have a great property there and I wish you luck.
No offense intended, What I wrote is Reale, which is a Spanish silver coin, a "Piece Of Eight".
I challenge you one thing. Study Spanish Treasure Symbols & Markers, & when you go out
again to do whatever in
your favorite areas, take a camera, or even your cell phone, & snap a few pics each time.
Look at them on your computer & compare them to various pics of Spanish Signs/Symbols.
If you don't see anything, nothing lost really, & at least you looked closer & tried. It's not
really any kind of rocket science, but death traps are for real.
Carved shapes & effigies of animals etc., are noticeable once you learn to see them.
If you were ever to really get an understanding & good feel for it as far as signs, markers,
it's possible simply only doing metal detecting alone would seem a bit less rewarding.
If you're not willing to put in the time, that's not a good reason to nip at the people that
have, & most likely know of a lot more than you will ever realize, think or know they do.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Sorry, this one made me curious, & which hillside river channel would that possibly be referring to?
The pics look like a steep washed out rocky creek, in between 2 N/W Arkansas Ozark Mountain hilltops.
20230925_161802-jpg.2107763

If you look at the dugout in the one pic, it seems obvious that it was cleaned out, or it would
have more, fallen deteriorated rocks like the spot in question, a carefully laid Death Trap..

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a few more pictures I was able to get yesterday. Not sure if any of them make much of a difference. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep this post as updated as I can.
20231022_170905-jpg.2111434
This is a real nice pic with the alignment of the taller marker above in between
the trees, to be easily viewed in perspective with the turtle rock there,
& other shapes there below.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread