Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JamesE

So I got to page 57 (of 157) But the suspense was spoiled by the runaway media revealing the ending. :wink:

157 pages to say, "Give the guy a gun!", kinda' know why they get the big bucks now. Love the history though, things I would've learned if I stayed in school.

I don't know if I'm conservative, liberal, or just an idiiot :tongue3:; I usually agree with their decisions, I'm not too happy with the results of their appointing Bush as president but I guess anyone (except me :tard:) can be wrong once in a while!

Did I miss anything in the last 100 pages? :icon_study:

Thanks for the link. :thumbsup: jim

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They may TRY to take away the right, but enforcing the decision would be a whole different ballgame.

Just like the seatbelt law which goes unenforced....you think they would seriously try to go door to door to take peoples guns? They would have to be crazier than me. And not just me.....

I would bet my last dollar that any attempt in the USA to ban gun ownership would result in a full scale revolution...and I'd be on the front line. :thumbsup:

Quote all the Justices and judges you wish, all the Supreme Court decisions, all the history.......it will NEVER happen. At least not in my lifetime.

Al

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this happen in Texas,they would be dead and you would be free.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Supreme Court decision pertains to the whole country.

A circuit Supreme Court applies to a district. (Superior Court)

B

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Thanks for this story. Another thing that bothers me is the drug war. Recently, Asians who had been asleep shot through a closed door at police officers, when they heard their home being broken into. They assumed they were the typical burglars, as they couldn't see them & didn't dare risk opening the door to find out. The family had nothing to do with illegal drugs.

The police were shot but not killed. The drug war could be used as an excuse to take away the right to own guns. Yet nearly all gun owners support the drug war without questioning anything?

What happens in the drug war is that police tell dealers they caught that they'll get a reduced sentence if they give them addresses for several drug dealers. They don't know that many dealers, or are afraid they'll be killed if they provide that info. So instead they give them the addresses of their customers, or just make up random addresses. So a SWAT team could be shooting in anyone's house at 5:30am.

I'm against people killing people (exception for self defense if really no choice) but still don't support a ban on guns. Does that make be a liberal, conservative, centrist, or confused & contradictory?

Our Founding Fathers were what would be considered today as radical extremists. They believed a govt that doesn't listen to the people or respect freedom should be replaced. Many of them would be doing lengthy prison sentences under current laws. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread