that is screwed up

Attachments

• homeSecurity1492_med.jpg
    homeSecurity1492_med.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 481

ShieldJaguar

Aug 9, 2009
KC, MO
I guess it could be me if I was on crack and digging mounds... but since I don't do either I guess I'm ok. However, if you are trying to liken digging a rock shelter on private land to druggies digging burial mounds, then you are mistaken.

It's idiots like these meth heads that give normal everyday hunters a bad name.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the next ten months, he and his colleagues spent more than 300 man-hours spread out in the woods, waiting for Jones. Digital cameras at the ready, they sat on watch through sweltering summer humidity and cold winter rains. Sometimes, officers from the U.S. Forest Service or Illinois' Department of Natural Resources joined the party.

Now that makes a lot of sence, Why didn't they just excuavate the site them selfs :dontknow:

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Shield n Snake, exactly right! Seems sohio thinks all diggers r mound raiding meth heads! Yes there are sum bad apples in every thing, but sum people seem to have a hard on for diggers. This is nothing more than a carry over from another post where false info was provided. He doesnt have time to check FACTS but has time to start negative threads! Pretty sure he is a archie.

N

natchitoches

mostly thay was not even meth heads, thay just said that

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
The guy that was caught addmited to trading and selling points for meth. Purdy dang sure that makes him a meth head.

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find it interesting that someone would have a double standard with collecting. Whether digging with permission or surface hunting.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this cartoon is in no way directed towards anyone,but, it might fit some forums

Attachments

• peanuts-cover.png
    peanuts-cover.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 576

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a complete waste of money to have tax payed for law enforcement doing covert activity to try and bust diggers period. If they're dopers, their fate is sealed anyway.
Just think of the excitment in finding your own major site on wide open government land, that nobody knows about !!. Most of us would care after it and explore the ground thouroughly , leaving nothing but foot and kneeprints for years. Most of us would unite with select buddies, keep a lid on it, and privatly steward over it for years to come.
Do you really think the digger is going to remove the possability of some starteling new discovery? I don't think so. Exacly who or what will be benefited by some "holier than thou" archaeology police action ? What good will the treasures of the past do in some university storage room box that never again sees the light of day ? Or worse yet, given to some Indian Tribe, in name only, that has no lineage or relationship to the maker of that artifact from 5 thousand years ago.
We have some real problems to deal with, and this is what our money is spent on. Can you wonder why this country is in so much peril? God Bless Texas !! Lone Star

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These people should be used to patrol our borders, instead of grossly wasting tax payer's money but as the ranks of agencies swell, they're being has to be justified.
Over the past 300 years the American Indians were slaughtered, starved, diseased and coerced into submission by the forefathers of these
agencies and of all the Treaties made, not one was kept. These people seem to have conveniently forgotten that piece of history and are now advocates of a once great people's culture.
With all the technology available I'm sure they could accomplish their goal of catching these people without a ten month manhunt.

N

natchitoches

buzzgator said:
The guy that was caught addmited to trading and selling points for meth. Purdy dang sure that makes him a meth head.
no where did he say he was useing meth.
no where dose it say he trading or sell points for meth.
it said he had a record for pot.and thats all it said about him.
(Leslie Jones was a familiar face to local law enforcement, having been arrested twice in Johnson County for growing marijuana on someone else's land. )
thay spent (he and his colleagues spent more than 300 man-hours spread out in the woods)
for damage to land or $500 (excess of $500 is a felony)
("I assume he was selling it," says Sheriff Elry Faulkner)
you know what happens when we start to assume?
thay are useing the spin meth. head to make all artifacts hunter look bad
to take away our right to hunt.
you need to go back and reread this.
its a huge waste of money.
and i don't even see how it could be $500 in damage because you can rent a backhole for $200 and fix it

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
First of all my info did not come from that article, so going back and re-reading it would do what good? It just so happens I live pretty damn close to the area. Other than reading this particular article do you know anything else about this case? Didnt think so. Now as for the time, money and just plain bs involved to catch him what a waste of resources! Couple of trail cams the satelite type that can send real-time pics to ur phone and bam u been caught.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions