Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

For some reason I can no longer download images from my camera to my pc. For a fresh start, I uninstalled the camera software and re-installed "image browser" from Canon's website. Not sure if that's what I needed because all that does is enable me to view / edit the pics that are already on my pc. So I went into "cameras and scanners" in my pc control panel and clicked on "get images from camera " { via camera and usb cable } and nothing happens. Camera is a Canon ELPH 100HS, running windows XP. Hope someone can help!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you plug in your camera via USB, does Windows not automatically Prompt you to do something? Mine always just asks me if i want to "View Files"

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cameras when connected to a PC via USB port, basically become a disk drive. Once Windows/Mac recognizes it, you should be able to browse it with Windows Explorer or Mac's equivilent. Usually the photos are in a 2nd tier directory/folder. If you're using windows, it also will help to set the View option to Thumbnail. This allows you to view small images of the photos that you than can copy to your main disk drive.

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no prompts that tell me to do anything, however I do hear a "ding" sound from the pc when I connect the camera to the pc usb port and turn on the camera. When this worked, it would automatically open everything up when I connected it. No idea what happenned though.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
It might be a problem with the cable connecting the camera to the PC. Try another cable if you have one. Also make sure that the ends are fully seated on both ends. Those contacts can be really small and are prone to not lining up after a lot of use. I'm a photographer as well as a computer tech and have found that it's usually a conductivity problem when it starts acting like that.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no prompts that tell me to do anything, however I do hear a "ding" sound from the pc when I connect the camera to the pc usb port and turn on the camera. When this worked, it would automatically open everything up when I connected it. No idea what happenned though.

When its connected, Can you look on your side bar where it shows C-drive, D drive, and anythgin else plugged into the CPU? Not trying to sound like Tech support or anything..lol..Just wondering what the glich is :dontknow:

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well somehow I just got it to work. It's not the normal way it used to work but I ended up going into "my computer", then clicking into the camera program via that route. Thanks everyone!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread