count as silver? older sites hunted and newer park

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, hunted yesterday across the street i hunted it once before for about 1/2 hr, but noticed holes all over the place so left to hunt somewhere else, i got permision from the county to hunt it , they are building a jail in this site and tore down, 4 to 6 houses down over there i think some of them date to the early 1900's , i was hunting over there and a guy with his two kids asked if i found any old coins , i found out that he did allready, reason for those holes, but he did not have a detector, just surface finds for him, and he found a 30's dime he said, i found some junk, few things i don't know what they are, like the long skinny thing that looks like a tire guage? also i found a very old spoon, i was surpised it's marked nickel silver, does this count as a silver find ???????? today i took my son to the park and found all the stuff to the right, digging every single just about nowdays, getting more use to bending over all the time digging , so easier to dig more often, can't wait to get a pinpointer for those hard finds in the sod, results about 3 1/2 hours, 15 pennies, 5 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickel, and one old nickel silver spoon, later all happy hunting

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0
OP
OP
treasureguy

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
good thing he does not have a detector, i have only covered 1/4 of the property so maybe i still have a chance at a silver coin

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you got a site that will keep you busy! 8) Bet there's lots more to be found there! Congrats on those finds....

Nana :)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice haul, and it sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Once you have a pinpointer you will wonder how you ever hunted without one. Great finds, cool spoon. But no zipper pulls. :(

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Does sound like a site with great potential. Bad about the holes though, perhaps another detector not filling in holes? If so just another person making detectors look bad.

I wish you great luck on the rest of the site. Gotta be something of interest in a place with such potential.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickel silver contains no actual silver. It is a copper, nickel, zinc alloy. It is sometimes referred to as German silver.So to answer your question the answer would be no. Sorry. Keep at it and good luck. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread