Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few new places today with SouthJerseyJim looking for foundation holes in an area I was researching. We were run off by swarms of horse flies and covered with ticks within minutes, it was absurd. We elected at a full run to hit an open field up the road with a steady breeze and left the flies and ticks behind but had to dodge the rain, I'll take the rain over the other mess anyday. We walked to a rise in the field and the first signal for me was a high copper signal and at four inches down the coin popped right out of the clump. These things are big. This one is dated 1832 and is still holding a bit of gilt. Here is a cool site with some info on these counterfeits and the reale deals.

Mexico Cap & Rays 8R

The little diamond shaped pin has a lttle gold gilt left and is sporting a neat little stone. The one button has no backmark. The rain ended our day, we will have to hit the fields again soon. Arty

Attachments

• 6 4 2012.jpg
    6 4 2012.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 1852.jpg
    1852.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 1

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Man,I hear you on those ticks and flys. Oh and poison Ivy, Man the poison ivy. I think I will have to wait till frost before I go out in the woods. Outstanding digs you have there..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread