Counting Machine Bags

lugnut428

Jun 12, 2010
Does anyone have any experience trying to purchase the full counting machine bags from the bank? Will the bank even sell them -- or do they have to send them in first?

I was thinking about this as I was watching the gentleman in front of me deposit his giant Water Cooler bottle of change into the machine....as he was doing it, he said he'd been depositing the pocket change he's collected over the past 10 years......

Upvote 0

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
lugnut428 said:
Does anyone have any experience trying to purchase the full counting machine bags from the bank? Will the bank even sell them -- or do they have to send them in first?

I was thinking about this as I was watching the gentleman in front of me deposit his giant Water Cooler bottle of change into the machine....as he was doing it, he said he'd been depositing the pocket change he's collected over the past 10 years......

I've asked about it and the teller contacted the manager to ask for me. What I was told was they are not allowed to sell the bag as it had to be sent back to the fed. True or not??? I don't know, but I do know they wouldn't sell it to me.

OP
OP
L

lugnut428

Jun 12, 2010
hmmm.....that's too bad ----- betcha there's some good stuff in there (and my clad too!).

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a machine bag of dimes today from my bank

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
That is about all I ever get. Pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. If the bank rolls them first, the bank would be wasting paper cost, electricity, and payroll. I don't have the pain in the rear of unrolling them and one less pair of eyes have checked them out.

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Sometimes your dump banks have bags they will give you. Someone also told me that Staples had them, but i never saw any there.

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
a credit union let me finish filling a .50 bag then sold it to me. yes i had to wade through what i put in but I got 8 40% out of it . you got to ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread