Couple hours and a gallon of persperation later

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
I went to my sons house today in Nashville Tn.it is a old house built in early 1920's so we just looked around in the front yard for couple of hours and dug up a lot of old tin down 6 to 7 inches at first i thought it might be a shell from a cannon because if its close proximty to the nashville battlefield but it was just a old can after half hour digging in the hard dry dirt and gravel. I did happen to find this cross about 3 inches down. then found the wheat penny 1944D and 1971 quater . closer to the front door about 2 inches down the cross came out. Searching a little more before dinner I found this dog rabies tag from 1947 from a local vet right there in the same neighbourhood.OH yes they must of put on a new roof or two since the home was built because we found a load of roofing nails. I have to go back there is more yard on side and a big back yard .Here is a picture of finds today. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• old house front yard finds 001.jpg
    old house front yard finds 001.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Nice crucifix!

Always enjoy finding those.

Congratulations.

Ridley

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice crucifix and I like the dog tag.

G

GoldSeals

Nice finds.Like the dog tag.Kinda makes you wonder what happened to the dog?Im sure hes been long gone.Interesting finds.
Regards,GoldSeals

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Those old roofing nails can be a pain in the arse! Looks like you have done well getting through some of the junk though.
Congrats and keep up the good work.
~Nash~

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
Hey, if you need help learning how to crop pictures I can teach you! No need to put a giant picture when the stuff is all in one little spot. Just a tip ;) Great cross find, I still haven't found one yet!

OP
OP
D

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
sorry about the big picture i was going to crop it actually i did crop it the first time then i rescaned the picture and forgot to crop it again sorry guys about al the space it took up thanks for looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions