Couple hrs in the woods

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Couple hr's in the woods

Had the bug today and headed to the woods to swing the coil for a couple hr's..As I was hiking my way to the spot I wanted to go and heard a voice in the distance ''Hey Rob'' and It was p2c -Jon from here..After talking for a few we started working the area and not long after that I dug up this unreadable token at the time...From there we only dug 1 find so we decided head somewhere else for last hr before dark and didn't that long for Jon to unearth a rosie and he ended up with 4 wheat's before dark..After some scrubbing I was able to see most of the writing on the token and found out it's Seagram's 80 Years of Leadership 1937 Medal..I also dug up 2-22 cal. casings with a marble in the same hole,lol...Congrats again on the silver find Jon :icon_thumright:

Front
P1000539.jpg

Back
P1000537.jpg

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Re: Couple hr's in the woods

Hey Rob!
It was really fun meeting up with you by chance today! The medallion is cool. Glad it was an easy ID and you could even work a date out for it. Sorry it wasn't a Large Cent though... Enough of these near misses and you'll hit on one... My Rosie ended up being a 1954 - D and after sonication looks pretty nice. Actually probably surface metal wise it was my best silver all year (but not coin wise). My oldest Wheat was a 1920, the rest were 40's and a 50's.

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Couple hr's in the woods

Same here Jon and wish we had more light of the day to work that area!Cool that you got dates of those wheaties..I thought the same when that pop out of the hole :laughing7: Also,I found 1 tick on me and about 12 from Lucas :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread