Couple more firsts in my Rookie year! KG copper, Eagle button and more

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to my best site yet to find even more firsts. After talking to the owner we now know that it has been detected in the past but apparently they didn't do that great of a job. Had a screaming signal that was bordering on Silver 37-39 dug about 5 inches and out pops a copper and i could see a bust. VMI gave me a congrats on joining the 1700's club however upon further inspection i think i can make out 180? maybe 1805. SOOO CLOSE! IMG_3446.jpgIMG_3447.jpg
Another find on the coast not too far from the SC CW Button was this Great Seal button. Feel free to tell me more about it. Guessing between WW1 and WW2. IMG_3451.jpgIMG_3452.jpg
Dug a back to a button looks like it would have been a good one too. IMG_3453.jpg
Next up is a suspender buckle. Can almost make out some writing "CH. G maybe U" IMG_3455.jpgIMG_3456.jpg
This broach (I believe) was found on the water. Cool enamel and color too bad its in bad shape. IMG_3457.jpgIMG_3458.jpgIMG_3459.jpg
Next up trade token. Aberdeen Canners from Aberdeen NC. Not finding much about it. Help needed.IMG_3460.jpgIMG_3461.jpgIMG_3462.jpg
This looks like a horse rosette right? IMG_3463.jpgIMG_3464.jpgIMG_3465.jpg
One keeper bottle from the weekend IMG_3466.jpgIMG_3467.jpg
And the rest IMG_3468.JPGIMG_3469.JPG

Overall great weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_3454.jpg
    IMG_3454.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 12
Yea that partial is a section of a bit boss (I dug a piece of it as well). Your eagle is in fact a great seal button (post 1902), but without a describable back mark we probably won't be able to narrow the range. Given the other relics at the site, likely WW1 era. Oh and CONGRATS on your first early copper

congrats this has been my first year too.

Nick you have killed in your first season with some killer finds. You not only have a good mentor but have his previous machine too. Only if you had picked up that bottle. Keep up the great digs cause after November when those wedding bells toll it's all over for you :love3:

Awesome digs Steph. :occasion14: Some days you wish you picked a better spot to hunt, but not today. That place rocks. :headbang: The both of you dug many great pieces. Keep it up Rookie, you know that you can only use that term this season. :thumbsup:

Some really nice finds! I can only make out the "0" in the KG, so you may still have a shot at the 1700's club!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back