DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
004.JPG 005.JPG 011.JPG 017.JPG 022.JPG 026.JPG 031.JPG went out the last couple of evenings,Mostly found odds and ends,but I did pull a couple of interesting pieces.My favorite being the sporting button from the civil war period.It depicts two turkeys grazing.Too me it is really neat because it is local ,worn by a hunter all them years ago."I think I traced the local hunting club back to the mid 19th century'?.I found I think some kind of token.It is in pretty rough shape,I believe it is aluminum, it is dated 1897, and punched for wear.It is gonna need more cleaning to make out exactly where it is from,but I am thinking it is local too?.thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 6

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that Hunts button is circa 1850s, so just pre-CW. I also like these, not too many of them around.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that Hunts button is circa 1850s, so just pre-CW. I also like these, not too many of them around.
Thanks.I was really pleased to find it.at first when it rolled up I thought I had a large cent,but when I saw it was a button,being its size and two piece I knew exactly what it was.I have been at it for awhile now and it is only the second one I have pulled in my time so far

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nices Digs..
I never found one of those sportsman buttons..seen a few posted. There a cool find..thanks for posting..
George

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nices Digs..
I never found one of those sportsman buttons..seen a few posted. There a cool find..thanks for posting..
George
Thanks Vino.The way you find stuff there is no doubt in my mind you will be pulling one up,or five:).HH man

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is it.I really appreciate the help,How did you find it so fast?

I had trouble reading the last name, and couldn't get anywhere there. Kept thinking it was Hammer. But I was able to figure out the "method of soliciting trade" part and googled that. Too many returns, so I added token on to it, and that was the first link. Part deciphering, part luck.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found a little of everything! Very nice hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread