couple of big ones

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
DSC09683.JPG DSC09684.JPG anybody have an opinion on these two's type. both came from shelter caves in pope county, IL.

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one on the left looks some what like a Pickwick maybe and the one on the right looks some what like a Appalachian stemmed point. I'm not 100% sure on either one, just a guess both were knife blades, I'm almost sure about the one on the right being a knife blade due to the angle of the stem. Great finds once again:icon_thumleft:

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice couple of points. Unfortunately the plow likes those big ones around here and usually finds them first. Not much gets plowed anymore though. All no-till

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice couple of points. Unfortunately the plow likes those big ones around here and usually finds them first. Not much gets plowed anymore though. All no-till

Ive had my eye on a field here for a while now. I watched them deep plow it and was trying to find out who owned it and then the next week they used the disc on it. Im sure they are all broken now. But Id still like to walk it anyway. No luck on finding the owner just yet but still looking.
Nice points

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the answer you are looking for is "snap base kirk". I have heard both sides of that story many times. To each their own on that subject is MO.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snap base for sure and if they have a little touch up where it's snapped and notches put in the bottom it would b an Eva

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it does seem like that the snap bases I find have pretty nice secondary flaking so maybe I jumped the gun on my call of snap base rack is right the second is a knife for sure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions