Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have several deer cameras out checking the herd and thought I might share some that I downloaded. Hope you enjoy.
TnMtns

PIC_0158.jpg
PRMS0592.JPG
PRMS0594.JPG
View attachment PRMS0614.JPG
View attachment PIC_0027.jpg
PRMS0010.JPG

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, and you got a pretty good quality game camera, too. In recent years have y'all noticed a higher incidence of twins bein born?

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Nice pics, and you got a pretty good quality game camera, too. In recent years have y'all noticed a higher incidence of twins bein born?

RGINN I am trying out two new cameras the "Stealth cam 35". They are infrared and I am not real happy with the quality and sending them back for a software update.
We have twins when the herd is healthy and they are. It's not Big Sky country like you have but it sure is fun. I am getting around 2000 pics a week. Of course lots of the time its the same nanner head over and over :hello:
Thanks Man

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen alot more twins in our town deer here the last few years alot more !

These are freat pis! Thanks for sharing ! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I love watching them grow up. I am still seeing does that are pregnant which is kinda late and I know this heat has been hard on them. We are really blessed this year though. :icon_sunny:
TnMtns

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the buck with the split G2 :icon_thumright: Cool pic's

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't be long now--We're on the downhill run for the 2010 hunting season :hello2: . We've started putting out corn and hopefully will be getting some pictures soon, too.
A trail cam is something we need to invest in.
Great shots of the deer and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
sandcreek~~

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am guessing they will be in velvet for about 6 more weeks. Hopefully by then they will be fat from corn and soy beans. Look forward to seeing some of the Big boys from out your way Sandcreek. :icon_sunny:
Civil I like that split G-2 also. I am going to try and take him during Bow season The others need to grow and breed a few years. Tried getting this guy out of the herd last year but he is tricky. Look how messed up his one side is. Can not tell if its from an injury or genetics. Healthy looking animal though. I think they are all beautiful to be honest : )

Attachments

• PIC_0163.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 191

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
oh yeah, it's that time of year. The nights have a different feel to them, the sun sets earlier, rises later. you can feel a shift in nature, it's almost as good as spring for getting your blood going. :hello2: After saturday's high of 108, I'm very ready!

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
oh yeah, it's that time of year. The nights have a different feel to them, the sun sets earlier, rises later. you can feel a shift in nature, it's almost as good as spring for getting your blood going. :hello2: After saturday's high of 108, I'm very ready!

I hear ya NatureGirl. It's like everything is holding its breath outside. I am ready for a sigh of releif and some cool mornings :icon_sunny: 108 is just to hot :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
There's a couple real nice bucks in there Richard!

Mike if you get a Tn lisc you are always welcome to come fill your freezer :thumbsup:
You know that already though :icon_sunny:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 108 was temp but top that with the heat index! I will miss havin deer meat, a guy use to bring some to Jeff at the shop every year.....

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
The 108 was temp but top that with the heat index! I will miss havin deer meat, a guy use to bring some to Jeff at the shop every year.....

Lower in fat than a boneless skinless chicken breast. I have some great recipes. Maybe somebody will be kind enough to share. I give 4 deer to friends every year. I need 3 so I have to harvest at least 7. Yikes starting to sound like work !

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking deer. Cant believe those fawns still have spots on them. Must have been late arrivals.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here you an see fawns around a year and older will still have there spots... might just depend the area of the country there in ?

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have fawns right now because our male to female ratio is out of whack. I am seeing 3 ruts and some deer are not breeding until the last rut in January and even late January. The female will keep coming into estrous until she is breed ed.(sp?) The herd is healthy no CWD or Blue Tongue just to many does. The bucks stress real bad and by January they are plum wore out and some even die. There is a lot of browse in the mtns so food is not an issue.
What happens is when you are seeing fawns right now they will still be nursing during the start of the season and you have to be real careful if you take a doe with a bow she is not nursing.
When she is ready to breed she will drive her yearlings away.
Our season runs about 4 months.. and you can take about 14 deer per person. I just enjoy going and watching the woods .
Thanks everyone.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Around here you an see fawns around a year and older will still have there spots... might just depend the area of the country there in ?

No kiddin? Up here the fawns lose there spots in June or July. Never seen one with spots any later in the year

[quote
author=TnMountains link=topic=343306.msg2477011#msg2477011 date=1282191309]
We have fawns right now because our male to female ratio is out of whack. I am seeing 3 ruts and some deer are not breeding until the last rut in January and even late January. The female will keep coming into estrous until she is breed ed.(sp?) The herd is healthy no CWD or Blue Tongue just to many does. The bucks stress real bad and by January they are plum wore out and some even die. There is a lot of browse in the mtns so food is not an issue.
What happens is when you are seeing fawns right now they will still be nursing during the start of the season and you have to be real careful if you take a doe with a bow she is not nursing.
When she is ready to breed she will drive her yearlings away.
Our season runs about 4 months.. and you can take about 14 deer per person. I just enjoy going and watching the woods .
Thanks everyone.

Sounds like Mother Nature is a little out of whack. I know up here it was warm in october and November last year and that pushed the rut back later in November. Only allowed one deer a year up here. Unless you bow hunt the islands on the coast then your allowed more.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of it here just might be they are town deer they live in a very busy area (by hospital and Pennys) and lots of other you can't mess with them very busy area they have the deer an turkey and last spring a bobcat eating out of the steak house dumpster, it might have thown them out of whack. And a lot of twins. Small herds rossing this main area. And getting hit paople just are not expeting them in this area. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread