Couple of happy boxes

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
After complaining to one of my pickup banks about the boxes always being open a month or so ago, the armoured car guy said he couldn't help it because a lot of times the trucks are already loaded, the boxes suddenly stopped being opened but, I was still getting skunked there and at all four of my other pickup banks. I only get one box from each. After what seemed like forever, I picked up a nice box at my newest pu bank that had 4 -90%'s, 2-64's and 2 BF's, and 22 40%'s that saddly to say was the best box that I have ever gotten in three years now. It was nice to find a lot of rolls with two silvers in them.

The next day I picked up from a different Bank, one was PNC and the other Regions, and got 300 dollars worth from the box that the VT had just gotten, she won't order me a whole box but sells me some from the boxes she orders to have them for a guy who buys 50 a week from her. The VT lady is just wacky and IMO thinks she is saving the bank money by not ordering extra coins, she won't even order me dimes or nickels and I have to beg her for whatever I do get from her even though the same branch 5 miles away orders extra boxes just in case I do want them. I started openning the rolls and found a couple of Franklins and a few 40%'s and went back to the bank and asked her if I could buy the rest, I brought a few rolls with me for the other guy. I got the rest and this box had 7 - 90%'s, 2- 64's and 5 BF's, and 11 40%'s which made for a great 2 day 2 box total, for me with what little I normally get at least.

I openned a box of nickels at a bank to check to make sure they weren't all new and in the middle of a full box of nickels was a roll of dimes. I have never seen that before, up 3 dollars and I found a war nickel besides.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I wouldn't worry about the wacky teller.

Branches of the same bank are usually serviced by the same carrier, and therefore you are getting the same coin at the one branch that you would get at the other.

Keep on Rollin' !

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I wouldn't worry about the wacky teller.

Branches of the same bank are usually serviced by the same carrier, and therefore you are getting the same coin at the one branch that you would get at the other.

Keep on Rollin' !

I don't worry about her and I just play whatever games she wants to play. Sometimes I like getting a couple of hundred of wrapped coins instead of a whole box and sometimes she will give me boxes of dimes or nickels if I promise to bring them back after I search through them which is cool with me. I'm happy with any help I get from my banks.

The two good boxes I got were from two completely different banks not just different branchs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread