couple of musket balls today

Mojohand

Oct 18, 2008
rockwood mi
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-70,minelab quattro, garrett ace250
me and my dad both think we found what we belive to be musket balls today . :icon_sunny: at a site which was one of the locations of the battle of monguagon. they are made of lead and have a white patina and are semi round but kinda flattened on one end .we both found in diffent locations but thought they mightve been sinkers until we cleaned them up can anyone tell if they are musket balls or just old led?

Attachments

• 100_0092.jpg
    100_0092.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_0071.jpg
    100_0071.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 174

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Pics are blurred, but they look like fired lead.
Never heard of the battle you mentioned, please fill me in.

OP
OP
Mojohand

Mojohand

Oct 18, 2008
rockwood mi
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-70,minelab quattro, garrett ace250
Here is a little bit about the BATTLE OF MONGUAGON, I also tried to post a clearer picture. On August 9, 1812, a force of about six hundred American troops, regulars and militia, moved down the River Road in an attempt to reach Frenchtown (Monroe) and bring back supplies needed desperately by the Americans in Detroit. At a point that cannot now be exactly located, near the Indian village of Monguagon, American scouts ran into a British and Indian force of about four hundred men, led by Captain Adam Muir and Tecumseh, blocking the road south. Lieutenant Colonel James Miller quickly brought up his Americans and, in a running battle drove the enemy back through present-day Trenton until the British pulled back across the river into Canada. Losses were heavy. Ironically, this, the only battle won by the Americans in Michigan during the War of 1812, was followed a week later by Hull's surrender of Detroit.

Attachments

• 100_0099.jpg
    100_0099.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 159

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread